Campfire Audio + ALOaudio Warehouse Deals Spring B-Stock Sale!
Mar 29, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 19
I am not sure what versions, we have made several small incremental cosmetic changes over time and we collect them as we do our QC and set them aside for these B stock events. I would think it would be previous and current.

Off topic, I have posted this before but yes cables do make a sonic diff. Most of these improvements are subtle but are noticeable when doing critical listening. Measuring via acoustic analyzers do not pick up much of these differences as out ears are far more sensitive than the analyzers. However I have personally measured concrete FREQ measurements that are different and the only variable was the cable, this is not always the case. If people do not believe this, thats totally cool, just wanted to share my experiences.

Finally I just want to thank everyone who supports ALO audio / Campfire during this B stock sale, its a particularly difficult time here in my neck of the woods during the pandemic. So on behalf of the whole team here just want to say thank you for your support for us as well as Head-fi.

Thank you,

Ken

I missed out on the Black Friday sale because our government were still sorting out new laws to steamline consumer imports. Now we have those I have gone ahead and ordered a Pure Silver Litz and very much looking forward to getting it. Sonic improvements (or not) aside I love the added 'bling' factor of the silver cables. I have the V3 on the Andromedas and although by all accounts the Smokey Litz is a big ergonomic improvement over its predecessors I can't say I wasn't disappointed not to have that bling look :)

Apr 3, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #18 of 19
Hello, CA.
What criteria isn't met in order for these to be deemed "B-stock"? What are your differences between "A" & "B"? Is it merely cosmetic or is it something more substantial like a manufacturing defect?
Thanks.

Hi, "B" stock is purely cosmetic, most of the time it will be very difficult to identify the cosmetic blemish. We have very high standards to our normal "A" stocks, since the sonics of A and B stocks are identical we offer the cosmetic B stocks once or 2x a year at a discount.

Hope this helps.

Kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 12, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #19 of 19
silver-plated copper cables tame treble and give you more depth vs pure copper cables. There's a reason many TOTL IEMs come with them.

I tested all this out my self too using the same IEM, same song and only switching cables.

I'm 100% sold on silver plated.used to have 100% copper on everything.
That's dependant on the iems tuning and sound signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back