Campfire Andromeda users
Jul 18, 2018 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Spie1904

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

After having read so many good reviews here, I ended up buying myself a pair of Andromeda's.
I really love the sound of these but I haven't really been able to find the holy grail when it comes to comfort just yet.
Just by looking at the headphones, the stock silicone seems to fit the wide bore the best as others are more likely to cover up some of the bore holes.

Tips I've tried so far:

- Comply & Campfire's own stock foamy ones (I didn't like these as the foam pushing inside my ears, always ensures I'm constantly made aware of the fact that I have my earphones in.)

- Very small spinfits (I felt like these needed to be inserted into the ear canal which resulted in a too 'intruding' feeling for my ear canal I guess? I'm not sure why it feels like that? Maybe I have a small ear canal?

- Stock silicone (Sound is great, comfort wise it's not terrible but that's because it just hangs in the ear I guess?)

As a software developer, I sometimes have my earphones in for more than 4-5 hours and therefore I'm looking for the most comfortable fit I can get while keeping that amazing sound from the Andromeda's.

Have you fellow Andromeda users got any recommendations for great eartips to try please?
I'm open to any suggestions ranging from regular eartips to custom molds.
(In case of ear molds I'd appreciate company suggestions too as I feel like there might be differences in quality. I'm from Belgium so US based is going to be difficult).

If I can't get the comfort to increase, I'm afraid I might have to switch away from my beloved Andromeda's to a custom IEM for example?
Does anyone know a good company in Belgium / Netherlands with IEMS that fit amazingly well but can match the sound quality of my Andromeda's? Would it be worth it or I should I continue my search for a good eartip with the Andromeda's instead?

Thanks in advance

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 16
Try spiral dots. I use a m/l for my left ear and large for right ear. Campfire can make a custom mold eartip. There’s a place in the U.K. that does as well, can’t remember the name.

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #4 of 16
Try spiral dots. I use a m/l for my left ear and large for right ear. Campfire can make a custom mold eartip. There’s a place in the U.K. that does as well, can’t remember the name.

Is the place in the UK called 'Snugs' by any chance?
I had looked into those :)

The Spiral Dots however seem insanely hard to get? Where can I get those as a Belgian? So far only found Ebay from Japan..

If Campfire makes some themselves, I guess that's even better, no? Straight from the source should always be the best i guess?
I can't seem to find information on their website that they do though?

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #6 of 16
Try acoustune aet07. It has 2 advantages: 1.) the nozzle of andromeda is too short for a secure fit, the aet07 is slightly long and really help. 2.) the opening of aet07 is pretty wide so no sound bore is covered.

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #7 of 16

Also, If I currently use mostly the medium stock silicone tips, what size should I order the Spiral dots in cause apparently they have no multi package (Damn you marketing strategy).

Would you say spiral dots increased the comfort for you coming from the stock tips?

Jul 18, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #8 of 16
Also, If I currently use mostly the medium stock silicone tips, what size should I order the Spiral dots in cause apparently they have no multi package (Damn you marketing strategy).

Would you say spiral dots increased the comfort for you coming from the stock tips?
I’ll check when I get home. I didn’t use the stock silicon tips and instead have used spinfits, foam, symbio wide ,and spiral dots. Spiral dots have been the most comfortable for me.

Jul 18, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #9 of 16
Just got mine too. What's weird with my andros is that instead of spinfits, mine came with final e tips, just like the atlas. They're the new ones with stainless steel bores. The final e tips work great. I also have fhe comets so I got to try the spinfits. But the final e tips are the most comfortable.

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #11 of 16
Symbio w was always my favorite. I got two medium and one small. Have to order from ebay.
This is the one I've heard mentioned most, I've yet to try it but I want to. I think you mostly buy them on eBay....

I hate my spinfits with them and I hate all silicon tips with the Andromeda. Something about them doesn't work right with my ear canals... I generally just use my new bee foamies (knock off comply that are a little less dense) and find them to be very comfortable.

Jul 19, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #14 of 16
Ignore all suggestions above:o2smile: CA is in the process of coming out with their own custom fit tip, get it once it out, that will be your holy grail
But what if I don’t like the way it sounds compared to my other tips :cold_sweat:

Jul 19, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #15 of 16
i normally prefer symbio eartips on most of iems but not on andromeda.
i just prefer comply tips on these.

i guess there are some iems that do not fit one.
regardless how they sound, fidue earphones just dont fit me, at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back