CAMERA FI Lets see em..!
Jun 16, 2020 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

PatekBruguetMogul

100+ Head-Fier
CAMERA FI..Ok lets show us those fancy high end cameras you all are having/using..I will start off with just a few of my way to many cameras..

8961A831-188D-4A52-A55E-ADB1D39D4F8F.jpeg
8961A831-188D-4A52-A55E-ADB1D39D4F8F.jpeg

Jun 16, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 66
I have had too many cameras to count/remember. This is now my “end-game”.

46F9F7CA-C972-44D8-9F07-D1233A049EB8.jpeg

Jun 17, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 66
I really like the versatility and quality of the Sony RX10 cameras. Great value camera
I like all of the Sony RX cameras, but especially the RX100 series, because they are pocketable. The RX10 Mark IV is an incredible powerhouse though,

Feb 8, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 66
Not the prettiest or well composed photo, but here's my kit:
IMG_20210208_171252.jpg

A7RIII and a couple lenses. Somewhere in between PT and FT professional (was doing retouching the last 2 years mainly, but probably going to focus on photography again this year)

Feb 10, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #13 of 66
CAMERA FI..Ok lets show us those fancy high end cameras you all are having/using..I will start off with just a few of my way to many cameras..

8961A831-188D-4A52-A55E-ADB1D39D4F8F.jpeg8961A831-188D-4A52-A55E-ADB1D39D4F8F.jpeg
I have that green ring 400 DO as well :D Is that version I or II? I've owned almost all Canon EF lenses, but sold almost all of them (in fact, just sold 800/5.6L). In nowadays mirrorless age, EF setups are just too unwieldy. I've switched over to m4/3 system, much easy to carry without too much compromise. Sad to see Olympus sinking :frowning2: Sony makes good cameras, but the lens' sizes and weights still turn me away.

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #14 of 66
I've been wanting to get into photography for a while, but I've had a hard time justifying jumping in without knowing much about it. I've finally started to do some research on the gear, but finding an actual guide to all the minutia has been difficult. Does anyone know a good guide or youtube channel or something that can get me started on the basics? Understanding features of the cameras, lingo, post processing, formats, etc. I've looked into some guide channels on youtube, but a lot of them assume you have some understanding already.

Also, is it wise to jump right into the mid tier of camera bodies? I feel like there's a risk of spending too much money working your way up, so I'm looking to jump right in at the Sony A7 III. It seems to be fairly newbie friendly, with a number of higher end features. The lens I've got my eye on at the moment is Sony's 28mm f2, as it looks to be pretty well-regarded among budget lenses.

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #15 of 66
I've been wanting to get into photography for a while, but I've had a hard time justifying jumping in without knowing much about it. I've finally started to do some research on the gear, but finding an actual guide to all the minutia has been difficult. Does anyone know a good guide or youtube channel or something that can get me started on the basics? Understanding features of the cameras, lingo, post processing, formats, etc. I've looked into some guide channels on youtube, but a lot of them assume you have some understanding already.

Also, is it wise to jump right into the mid tier of camera bodies? I feel like there's a risk of spending too much money working your way up, so I'm looking to jump right in at the Sony A7 III. It seems to be fairly newbie friendly, with a number of higher end features. The lens I've got my eye on at the moment is Sony's 28mm f2, as it looks to be pretty well-regarded among budget lenses.
Contrary to what most of the shills on youtube would lead you to believe, there is little difference in image quality among cameras. They're so good now that whatever differences you see or you think you see are completely irrelevant.

The most important thing is ergonomics. The camera has to be comfortable in your hands. It can't be too small for your hands, otherwise, you'll be fumbling with it and it can't be too heavy, otherwise you won't take it with you. Your fingers should naturally fall where the most used buttons are and the camera has to feel like it's part of you. You have to handle cameras to see what you like and what suits you.

Everything else they talk about is just nonsense designed to get you to spend money on crap you don't need.

As far as megapixels are concerned, the greater the number of pixels, the larger you can print. I have a 20mp camera and I have printed 20x30" with it. Are you planning on printing bigger than that? Are you planning on printing at all? If you're not, don't even worry about the number of pixels on the sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back