Cambridge Audio Service Dept?
Apr 15, 2003 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jeftsang

Head-Fier
I've got a dead Cambridge Audio D500 cdp and I have no idea how to get it repaired. It stopped playing cd's and doesn't read hdcd's anymore. The CA website doesn't even have a telephone number or address of their corporate office. Does anybody know how to contact CA for service? Thanks a lot!

Apr 15, 2003 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 6
Where did you get it?
Usually the US authorized dealers handles the repairs since they are overseas.
For example if you bought it from Audio Advisor they will handle the repair work.

Apr 15, 2003 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 6
I bought it used about 2 years ago so I'm guessing the warranty is void, plus I soldered in some new led's when my display went out so that's got to kill the warranty.

So if I didn't buy it from an authorized dealer can I still send it to audio advisor and have them return it to Cambridge Audio?

Apr 15, 2003 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 6
Apr 15, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by jeftsang
I bought it used about 2 years ago so I'm guessing the warranty is void, plus I soldered in some new led's when my display went out so that's got to kill the warranty.

So if I didn't buy it from an authorized dealer can I still send it to audio advisor and have them return it to Cambridge Audio?

In the US, you CANNOT void a warranty. Any language in a warranty saying that it can be voided can be ignored. It's not allowed by law. The limitation is that the company is not responsible for any damage directly caused by any work done by unauthorized individuals.

However, if you did not buy from an authorized dealer, you're out of luck, simply because there was never any warranty to begin with. The company may choose to service it, but can legitimately charge you for the repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back