cambridge audio have a new amplifier and cd player dac preamp on the way the 851a and 851c...
Feb 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 4
if you want a sound system that sounds like a martin sound system that they have in the top clubs like pacha and cream and the ministry of sound you can get the cambridge audio 851a and 851c with performance six speakers and grado ps 1000 headphones..sorry i put this thread in computer audio by mistake i have just released..

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #3 of 4
They've not been released yet, so no reviews exist. The 851C however is on the top of my list to check out once it's released. If the DAC is worth a salt, it would make a great source for computer/CDs.

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
They've not been released yet, so no reviews exist. The 851C however is on the top of my list to check out once it's released. If the DAC is worth a salt, it would make a great source for computer/CDs.

the biggest improvement is supposed to be the cd/dac preamp so it should be good the 840 stuff was very good for the price you could get them for 400 each for the version one and if you put a pair of mezzo6 floor standers with em they sound as good as a martin logan sound system..i have got performance 6 they sound the business..i agree you could use the dac/pre with powered speakers like martin logan electrostats the dac will be much better than the dacmagic plus because the 840 one was much better than the orignal dac magic..but if you want to save yourself a few quid and get cheaper powered speakers the dacmagic plus would be a good option and still sound good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back