Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus vs Meridian explorer
May 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DoomForce

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm wondering regarding the difference between the CA Dacmagic plus and the Meridian explorer. For someone who is using a low impedance set of phones (Ultrasone Edition 8) and a laptop as a source, would you take the portable, cheaper Meridian Explorer or invest double money on the Dacmagic plus?

Thank you very much for your piece of mind and knowledge :)

May 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi there , whilst you wait for a reply I can tell you my experience with the headphone amp section of the dacmagic plus. While the sound through the rca into the amplifier was really great I did not like the headphone amp part.my audeze lcd2's didn't have the life I expected through the dmplus . I was really quite disappointed with it especially as it was such a good sound. I ended up hooking it up digitally to my beresford caiman which was not the same class to my ears but was much better headphone output.
I am on the look for one having taken mine back after a trial. I have several headphone amps now. I was so impressdd with it's sound. I too am wondering how the meridian performs, it's certainly looking at a different marketplace being pc only. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back