Calyx M sounds better than iBasso DX90?
Aug 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #17 of 23
  uhmm no, the agent will swap the battery with higher capacity battery that Calyx will release soon. Then you'll use the higher capacity battery.

I may just forget the warranty then and hope for the best. Being able to swap out batteries is an important feature for something that is depleted so quickly and takes just as long to recharge - even if that is improved upon. (By the time I buy it, the new battery should be stock anyway.)

Edit: A smart panda just told me this:

2 Amp chargers for the win 
biggrin.gif

Charging it from the computer is the first mistake people are making. Charging it from 1A chargers is the second mistake

That is if they are complaining about long charge times. 

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #18 of 23
  I have AKG K812 headphones and an iBasso DX90 and the sound isn't very satisfying.  Is the Calyx M a step up in sound?

You know, after talking with more people who have owned or heard both players...I might just get the Calyx M first, despite it being more than twice the price. The strange thing is that I know one owner of the K812 and DX90 who greatly prefers it over full-size desktop rigs he owned in the past. What do you dislike about the combo? They're both pretty neutral, and an accurate sound isn't always the most enjoyable.

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #19 of 23
CalyxM lasts around 5-5.5 hours (red book) and took around 5 hours to recharge.

red book at only 5.5 hours? I'm not sure if a firmware would be able to give a drastic improvement.. sounds more like the hardware implementation is a power hogging beast..

on the other hand my ak240 gives around 8 hours playback on pure 24 bit FLACs and around 4-5 hours on pure DSD.

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #21 of 23
Have to honest, I really love my Dx90, which paired up with TTPod T1...and there comes the Calyx M. How does it sound against DX90? I wonder if the Android interface will display those embedded lyrics?

May 18, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #22 of 23
calyx m totally better than the dx90.  One solid step up.  Close to the ak240 (although I listened to the AK at a meet for 20minutes only).  Very nice interface for the calyx, shame about the battery life.  Oh and for very sensitive iems...it gets very loud very quick.  My biggest frustration actually.  Even in low impedance mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back