Calyx FEMTO DAC
Jun 18, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #31 of 151
The release of new products is imposed more often by marketing, not the revolutionary sonic achievements of the R&D departments.
BTW few months ago I've listened to a cheap (about $200) DAC which had phenomenal (even compared to some $$$$ sources!) USB presentation and I was very surprised to know that it uses the "simple" PCM2704.

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #32 of 151
I'd really love to hear this considering how much I love my Calyx 24/192. Can't imagine it gets much better, but man that's a ton of options this time around.

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #33 of 151
Quote:
I'd really love to hear this considering how much I love my Calyx 24/192. Can't imagine it gets much better, but man that's a ton of options this time around.

Likewise. I really am impressed with my Calyx 24/192, and just can't imagine it getting much better. So if anyone has any feedback on this unit would love to hear about it.

Rumble

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #34 of 151
Quote:
Likewise. I really am impressed with my Calyx 24/192, and just can't imagine it getting much better. So if anyone has any feedback on this unit would love to hear about it.

Rumble

I know exactly what you mean. I too was very impressed with the performance of the Calyx 24/192 and did not expect the Femto to be significantly better, but I was proven totally wrong. I could easily tell that the Femto DAC reproduction is cleaner and more real (closer to the live performance) than the 24/192. Is it worth the extra cost which is quite substantial? That is something that each one has to decide on his/her own after comparing the two models. 

Jul 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #35 of 151
Who is the US distributor/dealer for Calyx?  I don't see one on their website.

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #38 of 151
On Song is the distributer, Northwoods AV is the dealer, so you buy from the latter.  They work closely together.  Ron at Northwoods AV is a great guy to deal with.  The USB port on my Calyx 24/192 developed an issue after a couple months and he promptly sent me a brand new unit.  Didn't even wait to receive the defective one first.

Jul 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #39 of 151
Many thanks.  

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #40 of 151
And then I bought the new one. :D

Quote:
On Song is the distributer, Northwoods AV is the dealer, so you buy from the latter.  They work closely together.  Ron at Northwoods AV is a great guy to deal with.  The USB port on my Calyx 24/192 developed an issue after a couple months and he promptly sent me a brand new unit.  Didn't even wait to receive the defective one first.

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #45 of 151
While I really like my new Cambridge CD player I'd still like to try this baby. Wonder if I could get a sample from anyone...Hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back