Calling Texas Head-Fiers!
Dec 6, 2007 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nugget

100+ Head-Fier
So my wife's firm has its annual Christmas party in Dallas this weekend, and the companion fare was cheap, so we figured we'd make a long weekend out of it.

I just now realized that I have no idea what to do in Dallas. Any ideas?

The only specific question I've got is about restaurants. Visiting New York you'd want to hit up a little Italian place downtown; in San Fran, maybe seafood with a view of the bay. So where should we go for a nice (though not outrageously expensive) dinner with some Texas flavor?

Dec 6, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 7
If you like meat you've got to hit one of the Brazilian Churrascarias: Fogo de Chao, Texas de Brazil, or Rafain. They're on the expensive side (about $49 pp for all you can eat dinner) but well worth the experience.

Of course there's always Sonny Bryan's BBQ in downtown.

Here's a list of the Dallas restaurants.

Edit: Funny, I don't see these on that list:
  1. La Duni is a great Latin American Bakery (try their QuatroLeche cake!)
  2. Uncle Julio's would be my choice of TexMex fare (go on happy hour and order the Swirl.)
  3. For Cajun food I'd say either Razzoo's (noisier, more lively) or Pappadeaux (quieter, classier)

Dec 6, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #3 of 7
The post above just about covers it. Fogo de Chao is awesome. BBQ is a good choice while visiting Texas. Also, you can get some good Tex Mex and Cajun food at a lot of restaurants. I don't know of any places in Dallas, so definitely consult the list tlie00 posted.

Dec 6, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 7
if you have some time, make a quick visit to the Dallas Morning News' GuideLive. On the page, all you need to do is enter the type of cuisine you want into the menu table at the top. There are easy to follow maps linked to each listing, and if you navigate back to the front "Restaurants" page, you'll find some great guides to some traditional eateries.

Dec 6, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 7
if you have a chance to make it over to the Fort Worth side, i higly recommend Joe T's in the Stockyards... i try to head over there every time i make a trip to the metroplex

Dec 6, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #6 of 7
If your into Sushi try the buffet at Tokyo One in Addison (very close to Dallas). It is high end, freshly made and all you can eat for around $25 per. Also included in that price is an excellent cooked buffet as well and gourmet desserts so if your party isn't into sushi there is plenty to pick from.

Dec 7, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the recommendations. Steaks sound like a good bet. Now to figure out where the heck I am....

Nothing but creepily empty skyscrapers in the neighborhood around the Fairmont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back