Calling Pelican Case Owners
Jul 22, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #5 of 13
I have a pelican 1600 I got to transport the tooleaudio preamp back from canjam
smily_headphones1.gif

Vincent, just pop over to B&H and check them out, they have the full stock.

Jul 22, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 13
How do you guys create the cutouts in the foam inserts for your foam, or do you? Is it soft enough to leave intact, and just nest the phones in?

Jul 23, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pelican 1600 I got to transport the tooleaudio preamp back from canjam
smily_headphones1.gif

Vincent, just pop over to B&H and check them out, they have the full stock.

Ah, good idea. Just need to find the time to get there. The 1600 is pretty big, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not using this case but will definitely be getting one - 1080. Nikongod showed up at a mini-meet with this case housing his RS-1s. Perfect fit and looked so cool!

Is the 1080 the laptop case?

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the 1080 the laptop case?

Yup.

In regards to the question about the foam: I've bought other cases with the pick and pluck foam and picked and plucked so headphones and whatnot would nestle inside. I do it by eye and go back and forth between laying the headphone on the foam, eying what needs to be removed, remove some foam and repeat. I don't like the idea of squishing my headphones even if it is between semi-soft foam.

Jul 24, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #10 of 13
I have several pelicans, but when I buy a new case I always get a "Storm Case"... The plastic is tougher, the valve won't get lost, and most importantly, there are no "Knuckle Buster" latches. Instead, they use push-button easy open latches.

I like the handles on them better too, especially when carrying heavy sound metering equipment around, however they do scratch more easily!

I have a photographer friend that told me Storm Case is what the Military uses. Look out Pelican...

Jul 24, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #11 of 13
Helpful responses gang, thanks, and keep 'em coming. One thing I'm wondering is whether I want to get a couple of cases or just one to carry my 007t and 2 Lambdas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back