Calling NIK (Nicola) re: STAX & RCA cleartop-shield 6fq7
Nov 5, 2003 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

urs

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Nicola,

In your “footer”, you indicate that you use RCA cleartop-shield 6fq7 Tubes for the STAX 007-T driver.
What improvements did you get ?
Did you replace all 4 tubes and/or anything else ?
What did you do in terms of electronic adjustments / modifications do the rest of the unit?
Can anyone do this change or do you have to be en expert (Sorry- I’m an “electrical ignorant” – all I know, the 007-T has 4 tubes, but which types, etc, I don’t know….)

Thanks for your feedback

Urs, Switzerland

Nov 5, 2003 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi,

There are dangerous voltages inside any tube amp. Anyone can do the adjustments, but you need to be careful.

Check here.

Nov 6, 2003 at 7:42 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by urs
Hello Nicola,

In your “footer”, you indicate that you use RCA cleartop-shield 6fq7 Tubes for the STAX 007-T driver.
What improvements did you get ?
Did you replace all 4 tubes and/or anything else ?
What did you do in terms of electronic adjustments / modifications do the rest of the unit?
Can anyone do this change or do you have to be en expert (Sorry- I’m an “electrical ignorant” – all I know, the 007-T has 4 tubes, but which types, etc, I don’t know….)

Thanks for your feedback

Urs, Switzerland

Hi Urs,

you can also to read the other thread about the 007t tuberolling. I have changed the information on the footer of my personal information. I'm using now the the Brimar/Mazda U.K. 6fq7.

Best!
Nicola

Users who are viewing this thread

Back