Calling All "Vintage" Speaker Owners
Sep 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #1,112 of 1,332
I agree - go for medium oak, dark oak, or walnut. NOT black!

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #1,113 of 1,332
hi every body:)
what do you think of my speaker box color ? i made it recently but i can't make up my mind whether to choose black or wood (self color)?
confused_face_2.gif

hi every body:)
what do you think of my speaker box color ? i made it recently but i can't make up my mind whether to choose black or wood (self color)?
confused_face_2.gif

Anything but black. Manufacturers have one "safety zone exit" with speaker finishes: if it turns out gaudy for whatever reason - they can always sell it as BLACK !

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #1,114 of 1,332

Definitely not black 

thank you

Looking great. Just a medium oak would look nice. Interested in hearing how they sound. 

thank you my friend ,
the sound is not bad...
beyersmile.png

I agree - go for medium oak, dark oak, or walnut. NOT black!

thank you
beerchug.gif
, walnut is so dark...

Anything but black. Manufacturers have one "safety zone exit" with speaker finishes: if it turns out gaudy for whatever reason - they can always sell it as BLACK !

blink.gif
thank you...

i have made these sample colors,which one is better?

it is also possible to made some darker color...

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #1,115 of 1,332
I would say that some of the color choice would be dependent on the acoutriments of the room. The red oak of #1 looks good to me. 

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #1,116 of 1,332
  thank you

thank you my friend ,
the sound is not bad...
beyersmile.png

thank you
beerchug.gif
, walnut is so dark...

blink.gif
thank you...

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #1,118 of 1,332
  thank you

thank you my friend ,
the sound is not bad...
beyersmile.png

thank you
beerchug.gif
, walnut is so dark...

blink.gif
thank you...

It also has to be taken in account whatever finish chosen will turn out a bit darker if there will be clear protective coat over it. Depending on your room colours, I would go with something usually not available commercially - and finish it off to perfection every one  would notice to be over the usual level in 
speaker cabinets.

Then again, piano lack, polished to perfection, most commonly unfortunately BLACK, is difficult to improve upon...

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #1,119 of 1,332
I like the darkest color you have.  Did you design these yourself - if so what type of crossover are you using?

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #1,120 of 1,332
Gotta say this about about the Kef 104 those speakers and the sx750 never cease to amaze me especially wih SURVIVAL FROM MUSE ,BOZ SCAGGS, RUNNIN BLUE bass on these speakers is WOW so nice just had to say it again.

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #1,121 of 1,332
The B139 woofer can really move some air!

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #1,122 of 1,332
A friend found these at a garage sale for me for $20.................Cerwin Vega DX-3's with the 10" woofer.  

Foam is in great shape and they sound like they should - highly efficient thumpers. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #1,124 of 1,332
Finally found a pair of HPM-100s after months of searching! Man do they sound awesome. 

The three brothers lined up 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back