Calling All "Vintage" Speaker Owners
Aug 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #1,096 of 1,332
Quote:

blink.gif
 No idea........ 
tongue_smile.gif
 great commercial, though!

Those where  JBL L100  i had a pair of those that i bought in 1977 back then i paid $1000.00 for the pair and there still working today by the way                                                                                                                                                

Aug 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #1,100 of 1,332
Just scored a set of NHT Super Zeros, if they image well with my Sansui 881 ill prolly seek out a sub to finish the presentation.

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #1,101 of 1,332
good stuff! ive heard nothing but great things about the Super Zero's. with the accompanying sub, they are supposed to be up there with some of the big boys. factor in the the prices one pays (or not pay), tis smokin speakers. i hear they like lots of juice though. let me know how it sounds.

i dont get my big 3.3 til the beginning of OCT. will def do a quick impression review with the 3.3, NS1000 & the set of ET LFT8b (most likely will be sellling them) if anyones interested.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #1,102 of 1,332
I actully would love to pick up some big and obnoxious Bozaks in decent condition.  Maybe in the autumn.  Cant wait to see pics and hear more impressions on the NHTs for sure!

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #1,103 of 1,332
am sitting listening to the Pioneer CS99a after picking them up 1/2 hr ago. they look mint!!! i dont think anyone can get 40yr old speakers in better condition than these. guys selling it for his Grandma cos they belonged to his deceased Grandpa. only thing wrong is some slight fading at the top of the cabinets - something im sure wood restorer & a good waxing will easily fix. they are very good looking kabuki speakers 
size]

i have them on the floor for now & quick impression shows they are far behind my NS1000 in almost every dept except soundstage. these CS99a's throws a very wide soundstage with better than average depth as well (placement is far from being optimum mind u). bass isnt anywhere near earth shaking or deep but whats there is very tight. mids are warm & highs arent the most detailed. 

but they are very musical & forgiving. they look darn fine & is decently imposing in size. i can see alot of ppl being happy with them ...so long as they dont hear better, ignorance is bliss!

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #1,104 of 1,332
Quote:
am sitting listening to the Pioneer CS99a after picking them up 1/2 hr ago. they look mint!!! i dont think anyone can get 40yr old speakers in better condition than these. guys selling it for his Grandma cos they belonged to his deceased Grandpa. only thing wrong is some slight fading at the top of the cabinets - something im sure wood restorer & a good waxing will easily fix. they are very good looking kabuki speakers 
size]

i have them on the floor for now & quick impression shows they are far behind my NS1000 in almost every dept except soundstage. these CS99a's throws a very wide soundstage with better than average depth as well (placement is far from being optimum mind u). bass isnt anywhere near earth shaking or deep but whats there is very tight. mids are warm & highs arent the most detailed. 

but they are very musical & forgiving. they look darn fine & is decently imposing in size. i can see alot of ppl being happy with them ...so long as they dont hear better, ignorance is bliss!

Ouch, so in other words for furniture, they are really nice!  Speakers.............not so much.  Thanks forthe mini review

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #1,105 of 1,332
Quote:
size]

No pics? Do we even have to ask? (rhetorical question)

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #1,106 of 1,332
lols @BCE22 i wouldnt quite put it that way but yes, compared to the NS1000 the CS99a are lacking in the analogical sense that HD650's arent that good a headphone compared with a HD800. im pretty sure when its optimized with appropriate stands & placement, they would sound more than adequate (probably darn good in & of itself).

edit: just came home from a long day at work so am lazy to take pics. will do so in a more opportune time but they are in very very good condition. except for slight fading up top. i'd venture they can be as new.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #1,107 of 1,332
Quote:
lols @BCE22 i wouldnt quite put it that way but yes, compared to the NS1000 the CS99a are lacking in the analogical sense that HD650's arent that good a headphone compared with a HD800. im pretty sure when its optimized with appropriate stands & placement, they would sound more than adequate (probably darn good in & of itself).

edit: just came home from a long day at work so am lazy to take pics. will do so in a more opportune time but they are in very very good condition. except for slight fading up top. i'd venture they can be as new.

I've always heard that the cs-99a's where beautiful looking and C+ sounding but because they are so nice looking, sized right and pioneers there was little risk in picking up a cosmetically perfect pair at a decent price since they sell quickly.    Awaiting NHTs with baited breath!

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #1,108 of 1,332
dont know if the CS99a are "C" speakers but i will know more once i get a chance to set it up correctly. they sound quite decent with my tube amp.

yes i too anxiously await then NHT 3.3's. i just hope my living room has the space for it to breath. i have no doubt its gonna sound awesome. even now, im still under the spell of its incredible bass response. i have heard nothing that can do bass quite like the 3.3s. dont get me wrong as every part of the FR isnt lacking at all. from memory, it was super detailed, transparent & seemingly very accurate as well. its just that to me, the bass is so definitively superior i cant get it out of my mind.

cant wait to have a shootout with the rest of my speakers although i have no doubt which speaker will rule them all.

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #1,110 of 1,332
hi every body:)
what do you think of my speaker box color ? i made it recently but i can't make up my mind whether to choose black or wood (self color)?
confused_face_2.gif

Definitely not black 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back