Calling all UE owners!I need desperate help!!
Oct 7, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49
Customer service Im sure will do something for you even though it has nothing to do with them.

What kind of Iems were they UE-10's or triple.fi's

If they are triples how did you get them 3 months ago.

They're probably UE-10's based on the price and as previously established, day comes before month in other countries, so it's October 7, 2006.

Man, the guts of the UE-10's splayed out like that makes my stomach feel queasy... very sorry such a thing happened. Definitely contact UE.

Oct 7, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #18 of 52
The reasonable thing to do would be to sell him another pair of them at cost (they already have the molds and have made their margin on the first pair he bought off of them). I highly doubt UE would give him a new pair. I don't quite think getting your headphones trampled by 50 people is covered under warranty...

Oct 7, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #19 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by GIGANTOID
the invoice says 07/10/2006? It's almost 3months later. what do you expect people here to do? Call the manufacturer tell them your 'story' and see what they say. if somehow they replace them don't go walking down the street with $1000PLUS earphones dangling over your shoulder.

Dude. Dont be an freaking jerk. Even if you weren't wrong (which you were), it was still a jack-ass thing to say.

To OP: Dude....I'm sorry...

Oct 7, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #21 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme
hm sell it at cost, but what kind of cost? the cost for the materials to make it, or beyond overhead? i bet material parts cost less than $50.

Probably the cost it takes for materials and the labour to put it all together (molds, tuning, etc...). I know UE is very generous but I can't see them going, "Oh.... it's your fault you wrecked them but here's a new pair for free anyway." That's like buying a BMW, crashing it 5 minutes after you take it off the lot and expecting the dealer to give you a new car.

Oct 7, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #22 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by GIGANTOID
the invoice says 07/10/2006? It's almost 3months later. what do you expect people here to do? Call the manufacturer tell them your 'story' and see what they say. if somehow they replace them don't go walking down the street with $1000PLUS earphones dangling over your shoulder.

This is quite a mean thing to say to someone in the OP's situation.

To OP: Don't beat yourself up for this it wasn't your fault, just an unlucky series of events, good luck with UE CS.

Oct 7, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #23 of 52
Since we are taliking about molds that already in hand. They could charge the guy the cost of the "guts" and the Labor. and just leave out the profit margin or add a 5% margin. It will be interesteing to see how they handle. They dont have "any" obligation so if they would do anothr pair at half price I would take it. If it were me.

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #24 of 52
My goodness... I'm very sorry for what happened. Like everyone said already, UE service is UNBELIEVABLY good. Get in contact asap and I wish you the best of luck. Please don't blame yourself. crap happens.
frown.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #25 of 52
Oh, man, that is so sad to see those pictures. To think that people just kept steping on them....
blink.gif

I'd have to agree on contacting UE and see what they advise. They will never say "yes" if you never ask.

Michael

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #26 of 52
Weird. My mistake on the date. Everything else i said stands and I'm not sure what I said that was mean exactly. Still not sure what people here are supposed to do other than mime sympathy. whatevs.

I know for sure that if I just picked up $1000 earphones i wouldnt let them swing around my neck where anyone could come by and steal them like a gold chain or as the OP found out its not a very secure platform for them to fall.

Good luck on getting them replaced I guess.

Oct 8, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #27 of 52
f_klo,

Wow. That hurts me and I cannot imagine how you feel. Please do let us know what you end up doing and if you contact UE, how things go. Best of luck to you.

Cheers.
-V

Oct 8, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #29 of 52
Some might be thinking what am i doing "dangling" my BRAND SPANKING NEW UE10Pros on my shoulder, well its because i just couldn't wait to try them but thought it was dangerous using them on the busy street on Mongkok (really traffic congested place) because of the sound isolation, i can't hear the traffic surrounding me.

It's really frustrating for me because i only "tested" them for about 15minutes on the street (before i dropped them) and thought the sound was miles from my iaudio6 headphones, and they havn't even burned in!

Thankyou for everyones help and sympathy for me (even though i'm new on the board). I have sent UE an email about my situation already and waiting for a reply and see what will happen next and i will let you guys know how its handled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back