Calling all SOURCE pictures!
May 29, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #121 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Mr. Radar, Is that a tennis ball under the TT?

Yes. It's an el-cheapo DIY vibration absorption tweak (2 tennis balls cut in half and placed under the TT). I saw them 3/$.99 at Wall*Mart and just couldn't resist. I haven't noticed much if any difference, probably because this TT is already spring-suspended and the tennis balls are a bit hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
Mr. Radar, you really ought to get your turntable off your receiver.

I know I should, but I don't know where else in my room I could put either the TT or the receiver (unless I put one where the printer in that picture is, which is simply inconvenient). I only run the receiver for 2~3 hours at a time, and then let it cool down so I don't think its that bad, especially since the tennis balls and CD-Rs under the TT (I use the CD-Rs to give the receiver more room and to ensure that the TT is level) give it 1.5~2 inches of "breathing room." It also stays pretty cool if I leave the speakers turned off and only use the headphone jack (it makes a pretty nice headphone amp, I hardly ever use my Headsave Classic anymore).

May 29, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #122 of 126
It's not about heat, it's about a proper support. Tweaks like tennis ball halves won't make a difference if you don't even have the 'table on something more stable. I say live with the inconvenience if you can and put the receiver elsewhere.

May 30, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #123 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
It's not about heat, it's about a proper support. Tweaks like tennis ball halves won't make a difference if you don't even have the 'table on something more stable. I say live with the inconvenience if you can and put the receiver elsewhere.

Well, my desk is unstable enough that I'm not sure that moving it off my receiver would make too much of a difference (I'd still have to put it on my desk). This receiver is also very solidly built (it's a 1970's vintage Harman Kardon unit) so it can't be too bad. Also, I just rembered that I did try putting the receiver on the floor once but that the turntable's cables weren't long enough to get to the receiver.

May 31, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #124 of 126
Here are the two sources that bundee1 missed: the GPX PCDP on top of the CD cases and green box above the receiver and TT and the Toshiba 3960 DVD player by the TV (in the background).

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:43 AM Post #125 of 126
cd player Leema acoustics Stream II with 16 X DAC's Crystal CS43 24/192.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back