CALLING ALL CUSTOM IEM'S
Nov 17, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #406 of 559
Hi guys, i have a question for you all, I have Shure e5c. I love em, and use them for work all the time (i am a monitor engineer, and now have to do IEM's). budget is a big thing at the moment. I would like to get the custom moulds for the Shure's and can do this via Alien Ears. Now, what i am asking is this, how do the Shure e5c's compare with the Alien Ears C3's? any help is appreciated. Next year i will be getting a pair of Jerry Harvey IEM's

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #407 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. They took the drivers and put inside custom molds.
The resistors are inside the shell too.

whats the of the company that re-moulded them, and do you have a web address? would you recomend alien ears for remoulds?

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #408 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by syroadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, i have a question for you all, I have Shure e5c. I love em, and use them for work all the time (i am a monitor engineer, and now have to do IEM's). budget is a big thing at the moment. I would like to get the custom moulds for the Shure's and can do this via Alien Ears. Now, what i am asking is this, how do the Shure e5c's compare with the Alien Ears C3's? any help is appreciated. Next year i will be getting a pair of Jerry Harvey IEM's

Quote:

Originally Posted by syroadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the of the company that re-moulded them, and do you have a web address? would you recomend alien ears for remoulds?

I may be able to answer those questions soon, as my Feq Show are at Alien Ears right now getting some mismatched drivers fixed and being re-molded with new impressions.

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #409 of 559
My first ever customs, the ES3X!!

Build quality is very good, and the heat sensitive vinyl is very comfortable!
dsc2158t.jpg

The wiring inside is kinda messy though...
frown.gif

dsc2170a.jpg

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #411 of 559
The real thing is actually not that clear under normal light, it's because of the flash when I took the pics :p

It's just that most of the customs I've seen have the wiring on the inside, so you can't see it when you're wearing them. I'm not too big on the cosmetics, so it doesn't really bother me too much.

Dec 1, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #413 of 559
Just got my Sensaphonics and I love them. Very similar sound to the IE8 except without the mid-bass hump. Otherwise, strong bass, very present mids and clear highs that aren't dry or sibilant. The comfort and noise isolation can't be matched by any other IEM on the planet.

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #415 of 559
Hello everyone. I want to share another picture of my Unique Melody Mages, quad BA drivers custom IEMs, which I received yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif
. The colour is 'Candy Blue' and no artwork. UM quite good in hiding the network circuit and wires. Sound? It is as clear, transperent as good as it's built quality
smily_headphones1.gif

bakhtiar-albums-unique-melody-mage-picture4179-mage-2.jpeg

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #416 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could also make some artwork labels on a printer, to put on the faceplates and make them totaly custom.

That sounds pretty awesome. Do I need a special printer? What kind of paper would I need? Can you please give some more details? And wouldn't the artwork come off pretty easily? Thanks!

Dec 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #419 of 559
Yea, I was thinking about decal papers too, though I read somewhere that it works best with laser printers. If my inkjet would work, I will try it out and let you know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back