CALLING ALL CUSTOM IEM'S
Oct 16, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #391 of 559
HPA you big show off!
deadhorse.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #392 of 559
Ok lied...i have more custom monitors than HPA...

Starkey PM700
Starkey PM800
Westone ES3X
Ultimate Ears UE11
JH10X3 Pro
UM Mage

soon to have two more...

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #393 of 559
But you still don't have the JH|13 :p ^^

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #394 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But you still don't have the JH|13 :p ^^

I've been spending my time designing two monitors...=)

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #395 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok lied...i have more custom monitors than HPA...

Starkey PM700
Starkey PM800
Westone ES3X
Ultimate Ears UE11
JH10X3 Pro
UM Mage

soon to have two more...

It looks like the UE11 and Westone ES3X owns them all on the build quality. From the pics you have posted...
Any first impressions with the UE11?

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #396 of 559
Why do you say so? Didn't you see the Mage's pics.? It looks good too.

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #397 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan@ACS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey boomy i think you may be mistaking me for someone else. I am new to the forum and i havn't posted any previous artwork ?????

Sorry. The was a guy a while back who posted some pics of shells with incredible artwork, hinting that there would be a new line soon but gave not details. I though that you were he.

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #398 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like the UE11 and Westone ES3X owns them all on the build quality. From the pics you have posted...
Any first impressions with the UE11?

build quality wise, Um takes the top out of my monitors. Next comes the UE11 and ES3X.

Oct 17, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #399 of 559
Boomy dont worry about it...As for the how many customs do you have debate dont think it would be fair if i join in ? Anyway thought i should share my custom T1 from ACS with prototype cable and drivers.

100_4861.jpg

100_4867.jpg

100_4871.jpg

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #401 of 559
How good is UE build quality? Are they sturdy? Livewires are like, a solid block of a mold right? Are the drivers and everything like, suspended in the bud? I've never actually held a custom iem before so I'm asking this to gather the information before I go for my first custom purchase. The Ultimate Ear lab that does the custom work is right down the street from where I live and am nervous about eventually having to ship ear impressions to Carlsbad or wherever it is to get Livewires, you know? I just don't know how to properly ship something like that. So yeah. I don't know if my question came out right, but I'm trying not to second guess myself as a form of self improvement so I'll leave this at that.

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #403 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by bornjamest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How good is UE build quality? Are they sturdy? Livewires are like, a solid block of a mold right? Are the drivers and everything like, suspended in the bud? I've never actually held a custom iem before so I'm asking this to gather the information before I go for my first custom purchase. The Ultimate Ear lab that does the custom work is right down the street from where I live and am nervous about eventually having to ship ear impressions to Carlsbad or wherever it is to get Livewires, you know? I just don't know how to properly ship something like that. So yeah. I don't know if my question came out right, but I'm trying not to second guess myself as a form of self improvement so I'll leave this at that.

As long as you ship your impressions quickly there should not be a problem. The acrylic shell is about 1/8 " thick and the components are arranged inside. The the faceplate closes the opening through which the drivers are placed. The UV light is timed so that only the outer 1/8 " os so of the acrylic liquid is catalized or hardened, leaving the center still liquid to be poured off and then the shell is put back into the UV light box to be further hardened. then all of the tiny components are gently installed by tiny little elves with tiny hands (LOL)
If the custom has a detachable cable, then the socket for the pins on the cable is installed in the out edge of the shell near the faceplate.
Google Ultimate Ears videos for a couple of cool videos showing the whole process.

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #405 of 559
Hi guys, i have a question for you all, I have Shure e5c. I love em, and use them for work all the time (i am a monitor engineer, and now have to do IEM's). budget is a big thing at the moment. I would like to get the custom moulds for the Shure's and can do this via Alien Ears. Now, what i am asking is this, how do the Shure e5c's compare with the Alien Ears C3's? any help is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back