California Headphones, Anyone Have Experience?
Sep 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 9
Oh man my bad. I did a search but came up with squat.

Sep 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Nice thanks a lot. Not sure if want because I want something with rotating cups for portables but they advertise a sound Sig that is right up my alley

Sep 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 9
Oh I should probably pop in since I'm probably one of the only people here that have them other than Tyll and maybe Jude. Put simply, their sound sig isn't really what's advertised. I expected them to have a mid-heavy sound but actually they have a really weird midrange. Vocals are unnaturally accentuated and kind of recessed yet prominent at the same time. You can do better technically in the price range. It's just that the package is hard to argue with if you need both looks and passable sound. They should be priced at about 75% their retail price though.

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #7 of 9
Just read your posts on the other thread. exactly what i was looking for. i guess i am not interested after all. (looking for something kind of like the ath-es7 sound)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/615244/california-headphone-company-a-new-tim-hickman-brand/30#post_8505073

thanks

Feb 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #8 of 9
Agree completely with Ishcabible.

Would also add that the Laredo model is actually a bit better than the Silverado, with a retail of $99 USD.

High and mids aren't accentuated as much so it actually sounds more natural. Slightly narrower soundstage but apart from that, decent sound.

Looks better in my opinion as well.

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #9 of 9
I just posted this in the deals thread, but figured I might as well post it here if it isnt against the rules or anything. 50% off both the Silverado and Laredo with the coupon code "cupid13".
Even better than the aforementioned 75% price haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back