California Headphone Company A New Tim Hickman Brand
Aug 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

At the Kickstarter price, they're impulse buy-worthy for most people, but they definitely won't be groundbreaking if you have a K701.

And Silverado impressions will have to wait; they sent me another Laredo on accident...

Haha, I would be wary about whether it was actually an "accident". It seems to the the preferable option on Kickstarter, so I bet they didn't want a review going out to interrupt their supply of backers. If not, then it's kind of a problem if they can't tell the difference between their own products... 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #47 of 54
Well, I recieved a pair of full production headphones (not Beta) that I will be including in my upcoming roundup. I ust want to say that they are VERY nice sounding and the build quality is great. I've got more than 20 headphones in my review and these are going to score very well. I doubt if that review will be up for another few weeks, but if anybody has any questions about these, don't hesitate to ask. I have nearly 40 pair of HP and have done many reviews here...

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #49 of 54
I love mine.  They're comfortable and give me the balanced sound I'm looking for with my favorite classic rock, whether I'm listening to vinyl or digital. 

I can't wait for postrock's comprehensive review.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #50 of 54
I don't mean to be blunt, but very nice isn't exactly what I'd describe their sound as. They're much better than most fashion headphone, no doubt, but the cheaper AKG K181DJ thrashes them. But I do still use mine a bit when I want something portable that's better than both my Image One and Portapro.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #51 of 54
Quote:
I don't mean to be blunt, but very nice isn't exactly what I'd describe their sound as. They're much better than most fashion headphone, no doubt, but the cheaper AKG K181DJ thrashes them. But I do still use mine a bit when I want something portable that's better than both my Image One and Portapro.

Bluntness is appreciated and often rewarded.

Just to be clear, my comments were in regards to the California Headphone's Silverado model, which are an enclosed over-the-ear design.  I see you have the on-the-ear Laredos in your inventory.  I wanted to make sure we were comparing the same models.

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #52 of 54
Ah, that'd explain it; Tim never sent me a pair...

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #53 of 54
I just got a Silverado. very nice build quality, sound is  ' V ' shaped but not too excessively like a beats studio. more along the lines of a beats pro or a philips fidelio l1 (i have both) very ez to drive. I'll post an impressions thread soon

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #54 of 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Back