1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CAL2 broke after 6 years so now what? Momentum or M-100?

1. Quaresma
    Hi guys,

I owned the CAL2 for 6-7 years and they finally broke. I feel sad as these were my first "serious" headphones. I also had a lot of fun modding them with Dynamat, which tidied up the bass. Strange how one can be so attached to a pair of headphones. I think it is because of all the hours I've put into modding them in different ways.

Anyway...

Now I want to move onto something even better. I like the V shape sound, but the bass on CAL2 can sometimes be too much. I was thinking of the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wired and V-Moda 100.
    I lean more towards the Momentum because of the more neutral sound (I know they are not neutral, but compared to CAL2 they are). The M-100 look ugly IMO, too techno looking, but they have that V-shape sound, even though I'm afraid they are just going to sound like my CAL2.

So my question is: I've been reading a lot about the Momentum 2.0s here and the reviews are really mixed. Some say they are the best closed headphones, while others say they are extremely boring. Quite a contrast there.

I found them for 210USD. Should I go for it?