Caffeine addicts anonymous
Sep 10, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #2,716 of 3,173
Wow, I've been off for too long.
So the school year is starting and my schedule is finally getting back to some sense of normalcy. I've had a lot of stuff happen, but I'm feeling much more settled now. The one thing pertaining to this Forum is that I ended up getting a pair of Campfire Audio Vegas. They are spectacular, although I'll be the first to admit I don't have anything to really compare them to. Being my first TOTL purchase, I feel like I made the right choice :dt880smile:

I have been lurking at Vegas for a long time. I like the design, especially the diamond amorphous diagram. As the stock cable is crap, there's headroom for bringing out the best of this phone. I think I'll get a pair when there's a good priced second hand.

Sep 10, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #2,717 of 3,173
Something relevant to this thread, I went and checked out the local roaster in my area again finally. They have several coffee choices, but I've only been able to try 2 really. One of which was a Vietnamese coffee with cream and sugar as well as a shot of espresso over the top. That was by far the best coffee I'd had in a very, very long time. Rich and creamy, sweet with a touch of that lovely roast taste you get from a medium roast. the second was a Mexican blend I believe. It was a simple pour over brew, and definitely a step up from my normal cup of coffee. this one was a bit more bitter and acidic, but I think it has more to do with me having not had coffee in a very long time. I hope to go back tomorrow and try something new yet again, but I feel that I will likely end up just having that Vietnamese coffee again.
Anyways, expect my presence on here more often. I'm trying to include this back into my routine, but at the same time I'm trying not to spend more money. For some reason I get the feeling I'll have to choose one or the other. :dt880smile:

Do they have Brazilian Santos? It has the best aroma and body!

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #2,719 of 3,173
I'm having jaimacan blue mountain at home through a Jura cappacino expresso machine. Granted after this bag tho I'm going back to whatever fair trade coffee is on sale at my local grocery. I appreciate small indulgences around, wine, coffee, food, travel, music gear....the trade off is its a treat. It's back to lossless from dsd as a metaphor.
Lastly I can't drink sugar, caramel, energy drinks or other types of fraps or iced coffee. That's just me tho, granted saved a ton never going to Starbucks. Course not working puts one out of the coffee shop magnetic pull.
Indulgence+after+no+fap+november+small+soon+small_985477_4254129.gif

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #2,721 of 3,173
Why tempt fate.

giphy.gif

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #2,723 of 3,173
trouble.gif

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #2,725 of 3,173
So I went to that coffee shop again and I wanted to post a few pictures.
10000241_thumb.jpg

This is that Vietnamese coffee (I ordered it again). It is a cold brew mixed with half and half and sweet and condensed milk with a shot of espresso over the top. It is incredible, and I will probably continue to order it every time I go there.
10000242_thumb.jpg

This is a cold brew concentrate they sell at the store. It is the same cold brew that they used for the coffee I order, so I got some to take home until I can find my french press again (no clue where that went). I've had a bit of it, and it is very good.
10000243_thumb.jpg

This is what my mother ordered. It is a honey latte, which is basically a latte that they made with a large spoonful of organic, raw honey. They don't have much in terms of different flavors or fancy drinks, but they do offer a large variety of coffee (something I regret I didn't take a picture of). Both single origin and blends, with multiple different roasts that aren't rated by roast but by intensity (?). Not sure how that works, but ok. I cannot wait to try out some of their different coffees. Will go back soon for sure. In the meantime I need to check up on that other local roaster whom I never went back to.
*edit* Oh, meant to mention, They also had Nitro Cold Brew which I sampled. Boy, that sure was a kick in the face. That has to be the strongest coffee I've ever tried in my life. I need to work my way up to that one, lol.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #2,726 of 3,173
So I went to that coffee shop again and I wanted to post a few pictures.

(snip)
This is what my mother ordered. It is a honey unmentionable, which is basically an unmentionable that they made with a large spoonful of organic, raw honey. (snip)
*edit* Oh, meant to mention, They also had Nitro Cold Brew which I sampled. Boy, that sure was a kick in the face. That has to be the strongest coffee I've ever tried in my life. I need to work my way up to that one, lol.
FTFY Forget the unmentionable and concentrate on the nitro.......

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #2,727 of 3,173
Here is how nitro could help.

Natural+nitro+boost_3d0a13_5032876.gif

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #2,730 of 3,173
Mini Mountain Dew (7.5 oz cans) is so convenient. Gives me a smaller boost when I want it (usually later in the day/night, after having the main energy drink or soda) instead of having to drink more than twice that much at once. (Once I open a can or bottle, it gets too flat within hours, so I can't save those for later.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back