Caffeine addicts anonymous
Jul 31, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #66 of 3,173
Just went back to bottles instead of cans. (Mountain Dew) Way stronger!

We recently had a fridge delivered as well, so the taste and strength is further enhanced. (Warm soda is icky.)

Mountain Dew has a bit of a kick, but do you remember a few years ago a little soda called volt? Caffeine content was close to that of energy drinks, way over Mountain Dew if I'm not mistaken.

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #67 of 3,173
Mountain Dew has a bit of a kick, but do you remember a few years ago a little soda called volt? Caffeine content was close to that of energy drinks, way over Mountain Dew if I'm not mistaken.

Never tried it, but a Google search makes it seem like it is an energy drink.

I miss Surge! I'm glad they brought it back, but I think you have to order it online now.

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #68 of 3,173
Did you see the list of the withdrawal symptoms I posted? Sounds like dependence to me. You're not about to catch me off it. Coffee to me is like joy in we happy few.

In that information I linked, they say its habit forming but does not cause dependence. Sure there are withdrawal symptoms but not as bad as from cigarette smoking, alcohol, and addictive drugs.

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #69 of 3,173
In that information I linked, they say its habit forming but does not cause dependence. Sure there are withdrawal symptoms but not as bad as from cigarette smoking, alcohol, and addictive drugs.

That is the reason it isn't seen as an addiction. Caffeine does not have any terrible side effects, as a matter of fact it has several benefits. But it causes withdrawal which means there is a slight dependency. Just try to take away someone's coffee in the morning and you can see what dependency leads to! XD

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #70 of 3,173
Never tried it, but a Google search makes it seem like it is an energy drink.

I miss Surge! I'm glad they brought it back, but I think you have to order it online now.

was an energy drink. Vault is long gone, but it was one of my favorite sodas back in the days of middle school. Shame they stopped producing it.

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #72 of 3,173
First you said Volt, now you say Vault. There seem to be various products with both of those names, so it's confusing.

Volt. The road is really bumpy here. Plus I have to keep swerving because all of these dummy's are texting while driving.
Jk. I am a passenger.
Yes I was referring to volt, the lemon/lime flavored energy/soft drink. Delicious, similar to Mountain Dew mixed with Sierra Mist.

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #73 of 3,173
I broke again this morning. I was away from my keurig so I had to go to another dealer. The cup felt warm in my hand. As I stood there waiting to check out I could see them. Mothers hiding their children's eyes. I could see the pointing. "You don't want to end up like this guy." They say. I try to hide it. I use non-descript cups. But somehow they always know.
Can I really fight this?

luckily, its good for you!  recent article in Science News (about six months ago) summarized the positive benefits of coffee and concluded
it would be considered a "wonder drink" if it was discovered today......major benefits in many ways...
see  https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coffee-reveals-itself-unlikely-elixir?mode=magazine&context=190830&tgt=nr

many more articles to same conclusion listed via google search..

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #74 of 3,173
luckily, its good for you!  recent article in Science News (about six months ago) summarized the positive benefits of coffee and concluded
it would be considered a "wonder drink" if it was discovered today......major benefits in many ways...
see  https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coffee-reveals-itself-unlikely-elixir?mode=magazine&context=190830&tgt=nr

many more articles to same conclusion listed via google search..

Ha! I knew it! I always knew that coffee gave me superhuman powers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back