Caffeine addicts anonymous
Aug 1, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #76 of 3,173
Bad coffee is the 7th layer of hell. Gah, it taste like ashes.

The 7th layer would be more like iced coffee with hot sauce.
tongue.gif

Now I'm thinking about this over the top movie. If you haven't seen it, you'll get my reference better after you have.

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #77 of 3,173
The 7th layer would be more like iced coffee with hot sauce. :p

Now I'm thinking about this over the top movie. If you haven't seen it, you'll get my reference better after you have.

What layer is caffeine withdrawal because half a cup of crappy coffee didn't cut it this morning.
haven't seen it, but it looks like an interesting watch.

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #78 of 3,173
I'm addicted to coffee for several years now. Moccona Indulgence is called in Australia. Not many people know this but I used to drink quite heavily, bourbon mostly...

Since I've been sober coffee is my all day drink.

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #79 of 3,173
I'm addicted to coffee for several years now. Moccona Indulgence is called in Australia. Not many people know this but I used to drink quite heavily, bourbon mostly...

Since I've been sober coffee is my all day drink.

Wow.
I'm speechless right now. Thanks for sharing that man. I'm really happy for you.
Looked up that coffee. It sounds really good. I wonder if they ship to the U.S.?

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #80 of 3,173
Wow.
I'm speechless right now. Thanks for sharing that man. I'm really happy for you.
Looked up that coffee. It sounds really good. I wonder if they ship to the U.S.?

I don't know about importing but its perhaps the most expensive off the shelf coffee in our supermarkets here.

Yes, Uncle H20 has done many things over his lifetime, including (at one stage) whiskey drinking perhaps any Head-fi member under the table.

But it was many years ago now.

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #81 of 3,173
I don't know about importing but its perhaps the most expensive off the shelf coffee in our supermarkets here.

Yes, Uncle H20 has done many things over his lifetime, including (at one stage) whiskey drinking perhaps any Head-fi member under the table.

But it was many years ago now.

I looked them up and found their website, but they don't have any ground or whole bean coffe available on it. Only instant.
I guess it's understandable to not ship it out too far though. In Louisiana there is an old brand called community coffee that still is the best off the shelf main brand coffee available, but it is only available in the southernmost states.
A very humorous reveiw of store coffee brands, note the number one...
https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/what-s-the-best-grocery-store-coffee-folgers-chock-full-onuts

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #82 of 3,173
I looked them up and found their website, but they don't have any ground or whole bean coffe available on it. Only instant.
I guess it's understandable to not ship it out too far though. In Louisiana there is an old brand called community coffee that still is the best off the shelf main brand coffee available, but it is only available in the southernmost states.
A very humorous reveiw of store coffee brands, note the number one...
https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/what-s-the-best-grocery-store-coffee-folgers-chock-full-onuts

Yes, I'd like to try the community coffee, though I'm merely just an instant coffee dweller.

The problem with indulgence is for an instant coffee it's quite strong. Anything cheaper thereafter tastes very weak with little caffeine buzz. So they reel you in, get you hooked and you're an indulgence slave for what appears life?

But I also vape alot (e-cigs), this brings in an interesting aspect for a coffee addict, you must find e-juice flavours which compliment your coffee.

For example:

Tropical juice vape + coffee isn't suited.

Cookies and cream + coffee works.

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #83 of 3,173
Yes, I'd like to try the community coffee, though I'm merely just an instant coffee dweller.

The problem with indulgence is for an instant coffee it's quite strong. Anything cheaper thereafter tastes very weak with little caffeine buzz. So they reel you in, get you hooked and you're an indulgence slave for what appears life?

But I also vape alot (e-cigs), this brings in an interesting aspect for a coffee addict, you must find e-juice flavours which compliment your coffee.

For example:

I enjoy dripping some vanilla custard with my coffee

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #84 of 3,173

For example:

Real coffee is very different from instant from what I can tell. It's like comparing crush water flavoring packets to actual crush soda. That isn't to say it's not good, it's just a different taste.
I definitely recommend community coffee. Starbucks is good as well, if they have it there.

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #85 of 3,173
Cream and sugar or black? What do the other coffe drinkers do?

For me it's always black. I feel like if a coffee isn't good enough to drink black it isn't good enough. XD

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #86 of 3,173
On a Japanese TV show they showed how to restore a pot of coffee that had gone bitter. The problem was that the oil droplet distribution changes as the coffee cools, but that can be fixed by adding a small amount of salt. It changes the taste obviously, so you have to add only a tiny bit, but it fixes the bitterness. 

For a while I used to make syphon coffee, but cleaning the thing was a PITA. If I have to make it for more than 3 people who drink black I usually use the syphon though as it tastes good if done right.

Aug 2, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #87 of 3,173
On a Japanese TV show they showed how to restore a pot of coffee that had gone bitter. The problem was that the oil droplet distribution changes as the coffee cools, but that can be fixed by adding a small amount of salt. It changes the taste obviously, so you have to add only a tiny bit, but it fixes the bitterness. 

For a while I used to make syphon coffee, but cleaning the thing was a PITA. If I have to make it for more than 3 people who drink black I usually use the syphon though as it tastes good if done right.

I don't think you'll ever catch me putting salt in my coffee. XD
I use the normal drip-brew coffee pot and Keurig, but I'm looking into both the pour over and French press methods. I feel like both would make better coffee and both are fairly quick.

Aug 2, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #90 of 3,173
Does organic sugar have a different taste to normal processed sugar? I don't think I've ever tried organic cane sugar.

Its just a little healthier, YMMV.

"THE BENEFITS OF ORGANIC CANE SUGAR

When it comes to added sugars, which ones are okay?
In terms of availability, versatility, convenience, texture, price, eco-friendliness, and nutrition the best substitute for the ubiquitous white sugar is perhaps organic cane sugar. Organic cane sugar is unrefined sugar minus the cancer-causing and environmentally damaging pesticides present in conventionally grown sugarcane. Compared to white sugar, organic cane sugar has the full-bodied taste of sugarcane and is much less processed, retaining a lot of the nutrients present in cane juice. Unrefined cane sugar contains 17 amino acids, 11 minerals, and 6 vitamins, including antioxidants that may help reverse oxidative damage. It is made up of sucrose, fructose, and glucose. Table sugar is just sucrose and calories, plus traces of chemicals utilized in the refining process such as lime, sulphur dioxide, and phosphoric acid. Organic cane sugar is not like brown sugar, which is white sugar with molasses thrown back in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back