Caffeine addicts anonymous
Aug 25, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #676 of 3,173
So I tried the americano, and it is delicious! Wow is it good.im gonna have to try that again.
Best part was that Duncan donuts didn't have it on the menu so they charged me for an espresso shot which was 99 cents.

Aug 25, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #677 of 3,173
  http://www.tgorski.com/clin_mod/dmc/denial_checklist.htm

Healthy and strong body can hardly be immediately destroyed by anything we do to it. But to compare the current toxic times with the times the today's 95-100 people lived, that's just wrong. Today the water is flouridated, and the supermarket is literally a toxic wasteland. So you can exercise as much as you can, but it won't rid you of all the toxicity which effectively weakens your body and eventually kills it. It's tricky if you are young age, becauase you won't feel the cumulative effects until a later phase in life, and it's tricky because deterioration of health is a slow process and one accustomes to it as it progresses - the "boiling frog" syndrome.

That said, it's your life man, nobody can tell you how to make the most of it! :)

Mozart croaked at around 35 which was the average lifespan of that era. All of the chemicals and tech that some people whinge about has made it possible for us to live far longer, more than double. I just has my 6th shot of espresso for the day, and it isn't over. Perhaps that is what keeps us alive.

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #678 of 3,173
  Mozart croaked at around 35 which was the average lifespan of that era. All of the chemicals and tech that some people whinge about has made it possible for us to live far longer, more than double. I just has my 6th shot of espresso for the day, and it isn't over. Perhaps that is what keeps us alive.

I think a man-made chemical can not make you live substantially longer. Not yet. We still don't know how a protein really folds, thus we don't know how to cure or prevent cancer, etc. - we're basically in the age of advanced bloodletting. We can target a specific symptom (never the root cause) for improvement just to damage or imbalance the rest of the body systems. Whoever designed the human body was far more intelligent or advanced in knowledge than we are at this point. The human body basically has the ability to cure itself from any disease, we just don't know how to trigger that (aside from placebo), and we can't really make money on it so we don't care.

As for the number of espressos (or in my case cappuchinos) per day, I may be around those numbers as well. No sugar though, just organic goat milk. I have to say I save a lot of money by making coffee at home.

I also drink cocoa powder with hot water, it balacances the acidity and has detoxifying effects.

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #679 of 3,173
  I think a man-made chemical can not make you live substantially longer. Not yet. We still don't know how a protein really folds, thus we don't know how to cure or prevent cancer, etc. - we're basically in the age of advanced bloodletting. We can target a specific symptom (never the root cause) for improvement just to damage or imbalance the rest of the body systems. Whoever designed the human body was far more intelligent or advanced in knowledge than we are at this point. The human body basically has the ability to cure itself from any disease, we just don't know how to trigger that (aside from placebo), and we can't really make money on it so we don't care.

As for the number of espressos (or in my case cappuchinos) per day, I may be around those numbers as well. No sugar though, just organic goat milk. I have to say I save a lot of money by making coffee at home.

I also drink cocoa powder with hot water, it balacances the acidity and has detoxifying effects.

Medical technology although is a long way from being absolute has cured many diseases and extended our lifespans. Technology has improved the availability of food, shelter and so many other things that have contributed to our lifespans. Of course not all people on this Earth have access.

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #680 of 3,173
So who wants to make a Spareribs style post entitled "the effects of medical technology", cause I'm getting severe spareribs vibes from both of your posts which is awesome.
As for me I don't really believe that we fully comprehend the human body because it was created to be beautifully complex and perfect in that it pretty much can already do itself all that modern medicine is trying to accomplish. That said, I still believe that modern medicine has greatly extended human lifespan as well as overall wellbeing in general. But modern hygiene and healthcare also plays a huge factor in that.

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #681 of 3,173
So who wants to make a @Spareribs style post entitled "the effects of medical technology", cause I'm getting severe spareribs vibes from both of your posts which is awesome.
As for me I don't really believe that we fully comprehend the human body because it was created to be beautifully complex and perfect in that it pretty much can already do itself all that modern medicine is trying to accomplish. That said, I still believe that modern medicine has greatly extended human lifespan as well as overall wellbeing in general. But modern hygiene and healthcare also plays a huge factor in that.

Yep, modern hygiene, the way we make food, access to information. Also surgery is pretty advanced and saves and extends lives. Also some bad illnesses can be cured with relative ease. But cancer chemo is basically blootletting. And then there's all the *****ery with humans trying to exploit other humans for profit. http://whale.to/a/allopathy_h.html

Not sure what is Sparebits-style, I'm new here:)

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #682 of 3,173
So who wants to make a @Spareribs style post entitled "the effects of medical technology", cause I'm getting severe spareribs vibes from both of your posts which is awesome.

You mean a surgeon should wash his hands before conducting business?
eek.gif
 I wash my hands before eating.

Aug 26, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #683 of 3,173
So who wants to make a @Spareribs style post entitled "the effects of medical technology", cause I'm getting severe spareribs vibes from both of your posts which is awesome.(snip)

Perhaps, you could send spareribs a pm with the suggestion and a linky to this thread.
L3000.gif

He's probably racking his brain for a new topic by now......   
blink.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #684 of 3,173

I'm just starting on shots 3 and 4. I have to get them consumed before my wife gets home, still I feel like this?

Must be from watching the President Race? Too much coffee? Old age?

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #685 of 3,173
Their album "Cosmic Thing" (late 80's? Early 90's?) was one of the soundtracks to a particular teenage summer (NB: I may not have been listening to it in the year it originally was released!).
But I liked it then and still like it now; in fact, I just put a 24-192 FLAC version of it on my music player last week:beyersmile:
Interesting thing is that for me, if I like a band/song once, I like it forever. My tastes grow and develop, but I never stop liking the things I liked previously.

I guess my favourite song by the B-52's (and on that album) is "Deadbeat Club". Wonderful summer-soaked feel-good music!
I cannot, however, comment on their originality or possible lack thereof.

Every band have their influences, and sometimes even blatant pastiches. Many of them feel embarrassed about them in later years, others don't mind.
But many of them also manage to bring something new to the table, and it'd be a brave man to bet against the B-52's having never achieved that :tongue_smile:

They had an interesting history, with maybe an album out in 2008 if my memory serves me right, though the drummer has died I think?

The cover of the last album shows all the instruments but no drums, maybe a tribute to him, I don't know, at times I read into stuff too much. Lol

Ya, Cosmic Thing is really later than where I go with them? Love Shack was the reinvention for themselves and made them pretty much a household word. If you go and listen to all their stuff you come to realize that the main chorus in Love Shack is pure genius. There is really no way that would not have been a commercial success for them at the time.

I'm more into the first three albums and two EPs that preempt the Cosmic Thing sound of the band. It's interesting but you can actually hear how they gave up a little of their primitive qwerky sound for a smooth professional production which actually completely dates the albums. The later albums almost sound exactly like every other album from the era.

It was the first self titled album (out in 79 but popular in 1980) and that was my junior year close to high school graduation time favorite, which hits home for most of us listeners, as any album from that time in a music buffs life is special. Later in 1980 came Wild Planet, then the Party Mix EP, the Mesopotamia EP, then Whammy. I think it was called Whammy, this is all just from memory. But after Whammy they did not put any albums out for a while. Times changed and new wave music moved to more of a dance sound so the B52s changed with it.

I was not into them during the era you liked, but that's the great part of music, everyone has their favorites and they are emotional snapshots in time which have feeling connected either to youth, or people you were around and moments in time we all cherish and experienced which can never be repeated. Cheers!

[VIDEO] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=szhJzX0UgDM [/VIDEO]

Edit:
Just looked up Cosmic Thing and yes, 1989 was the time they became famous to everyone and Love Shack was an MTV favorite. Just the band really dropping much of their qwerky style in favor of a commercialized sound which did win them a complete new fanbase. They left the new wave era and somehow became pop culture favorites while still keeping a little of that personality they were known for. IMO

Turns out it was their guitar player who died in 1985 at 32.

The B-52's (1979)
Wild Planet (1980)
Whammy! (1983)
Bouncing off the Satellites (1986)
Cosmic Thing (1989)
Good Stuff (1992)
Funplex (2008)

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #686 of 3,173
Perhaps, you could send spareribs a pm with the suggestion and a linky to this thread.:L3000:

He's probably racking his brain for a new topic by now......    :blink:

Done. Yeah that would make for a good thread for sure.
Not sure what is Sparebits-style, I'm new here:)

If you hang out around the member's lounge enough you'll see one of his threads. The topics range from road rage to socks and so on. The one thing that they all have in common is that they are written in an almost essay like manner which is very informative and enjoyable. They also spark a conversation which is very nice to be a part of.
Here's a link to one of his newer threads:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/817830/the-positive-side-of-being-ignored/15#post_12808918

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #687 of 3,173

I'm just starting on shots 3 and 4. I have to get them consumed before my wife gets home, still I feel like this?

Must be from watching the President Race? Too much coffee? Old age?

That looks like a B&W photo of Alfred E. Neuman on his 12th shot of espresso. He would make a fine President, however, I would have know his policy on caffeine before endorsing him.

Aug 26, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #688 of 3,173
May get another americano today. Or I may get a caramel macchiato from Starbucks (had a bit of that before and wow.) I feel the need for caffeine strong today. Why am I always more tired when I'm not working?

Aug 26, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #689 of 3,173
May get another americano today. Or I may get a caramel macchiato from Starbucks (had a bit of that before and wow.) I feel the need for caffeine strong today. Why am I always more tired when I'm not working?

Because the power of the dark side (black coffee) of the force runs strong within you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back