Caffeine addicts anonymous
Aug 26, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #691 of 3,173
So I went to Starbucks and you know how people always joke about people having MacBooks at Starbucks? Well when I walked in no joke there were 3 people lined up against the wall and all 3 had their MacBook Air and their iPhones out and they were the only people in there. I actually stopped and did a double take because I didn't think that if ever see a joke played out in real life like that. XD

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #692 of 3,173
So I went to Starbucks and you know how people always joke about people having MacBooks at Starbucks? Well when I walked in no joke there were 3 people lined up against the wall and all 3 had their MacBook Air and their iPhones out and they were the only people in there. I actually stopped and did a double take because I didn't think that if ever see a joke played out in real life like that. XD

Perhaps you were on the set for a TV commercial? It was a Starbucks advert and Apple was paying for the placement.

Aug 26, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #694 of 3,173
  Perhaps you were on the set for a TV commercial? It was a Starbucks advert and Apple was paying for the placement.

I hope not because I was grinning and chuckling like an idiot. Definitely something I wasn't expecting, to walk into a stereotype. XD

Unfortunately I see this far too often Almost surreal isn't it? Especially when they're ordering one shot Ventis while I'm thinking about a red eye Tall.

Aug 26, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #696 of 3,173
  Oh, the humanity... (Macs in a Starbucks...ugh.)

Drinking Baja Blast Mountain Dew from Taco Bell again! Haven't tried it bottled yet. It's bound to be stronger that way.

Don't forget to bring along a MacBook Air, next time you go to see
Gidget,​
"¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!"

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #697 of 3,173
Unfortunately I see this far too often Almost surreal isn't it? Especially when they're ordering one shot Ventis while I'm thinking about a red eye Tall.

Oh, the humanity... (Macs in a Starbucks...ugh.)

Drinking Baja Blast Mountain Dew from Taco Bell again! Haven't tried it bottled yet. It's bound to be stronger that way.

Something about it made me want to bring my giant 8lbs Alienware laptop and set it up right on the other side. Bet that would get soon weird looks.

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #700 of 3,173
that is a possibility. I wouldn't care though. Heck if I had a amp/dac stack and a decent pair of headphones I'd see just how much counter space I could take up. XD

Now your talking.
beerchug.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #701 of 3,173
that is a possibility. I wouldn't care though. Heck if I had a amp/dac stack and a decent pair of headphones I'd see just how much counter space I could take up. XD

I get some awkward stares just fidgeting with my IEMs in public.

"Bro, are those some new version of Beats?"

Also, I have set up my Alienware in a Starbucks once. Got more than a few curious stares. I think they were just hypnotized by all the LEDs

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #702 of 3,173

I work from home, sometimes it's hard to get work done at home, all kinds of things might be distract me from getting work done. Sometimes my only chance of being productive is to grab the macbook and head to the local library for a couple of hours.
If I had a coffee shop near by that offered wifi I'd for sure do the same thing there.

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #703 of 3,173
I get some awkward stares just fidgeting with my IEMs in public.

"Bro, are those some new version of Beats?"

Also, I have set up my Alienware in a Starbucks once. Got more than a few curious stares. I think they were just hypnotized by all the LEDs

What IEMs that you own look remotely close to beats?
Yeah those LEDs are pretty mesmerizing. Which Alienware do you have?

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #704 of 3,173

Coffee house manners are a real thing. I've read pages where they interview the owners of Coffee houses to find out what behavior they like and what they don't. The way they all think is it's better if they actually have people there. They actually don't care if someone stays for 8 hours, but not after closing time. They think it's best if you put your stuff on the floor and not another chair. They never want you to take two chairs. They also think it's cool if a person asks to stay all day if it's their first visit. They also said that offensive images shown to the whole coffee shop on a lap top screen is like cursing.

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #705 of 3,173
Macbook Airs and Pros at a cafe are a pretty normal occurence here. I confess, i just sold my air recently and got a completely opposite 14in MSI gaming laptop, but macbooks are pretty freakin nice i admit.

Caramel machiattos at starbucks are a bit overkill on sugar, fatty milk, and not enough coffee. I used to get them a lot when i was younger, but nothing beats a good real machiatto to me. I.e. Two shots of espresso with a mark of frothed milk foam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back