Caffeine addicts anonymous
Aug 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #211 of 3,173
Betel nut is the second most popular drug in the world. Coffee is number one.

It goes without saying that a natural substance that gentelly helps work and offers a slight pick-up, like coffee would be big.

Rare in the West, it is normally found at the end of an Indian dinner.

It's around where I live now but offers a strange side effect of turning your teeth first yellow then dark red. The high is way stronger than coffee but is not maybe as pleasant?

Hmmmmm.... Red teeth.... Yeah I think I'll stick to coffee.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #214 of 3,173
So what is the best value caffeine that can be bought at a grocery store? Has to be cheaper than Mountain Dew and preferably stronger. My guess is caffeine powder that can be added to water, or perhaps caffeine pills.

This is a little concerning. I'd be paranoid about the dosage.
http://www.techinsider.io/buying-pure-caffeine-powder-off-the-internet-2015-9

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #215 of 3,173
  Nothing that can't be fixed in PhotoShop.

What about in real life? Do they have live photoshop glasses? Cause that would be awesome!

Our friend down under uses LSD to affect his visual experience. I might consider that a bit extreme.
Select the teeth and desaturate the colors. This works wonders on bloodshot eyes, for overly enthusiastic  partygoers.

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #216 of 3,173
So what is the best value caffeine that can be bought at a grocery store? Has to be cheaper than Mountain Dew and preferably stronger. My guess is caffeine powder that can be added to water, or perhaps caffeine pills.

If just get Starbucks and brew myself. Their coffee is absolutely loaded.

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #219 of 3,173

http://www.techinsider.io/buying-pure-caffeine-powder-off-the-internet-2015-9

Beware of caffeine pills.
In a time long ago, this fellow used to work for me. One morning he comes into my office, hands furiously shaking, he asks me, "Is this what happens when you party all night and come to work, take a bunch of caffeine pills and wash them down with a double espresso?" I said, "Yes." I told him to go in his office, close the door and turn off the lights and put your head down on your desk. You won't be able to sleep. Once this wears off, you can go home." I then informed my secretary, we had those at one time, that he was working on a special project and was not to be disturbed. I don't think that I fooled her one bit.

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #220 of 3,173
Ah, that's right. Yeah I'd go for pills, no telling how much caffeine is in that powder.

Actually, it's easier to know the caffeine dosage in powder and pills compared to coffee, since, you know...it tends to be pure caffeine and the package tells you. (Whereas coffee has tons of other ingredients.)

The problem with powder, as covered in that article, is that it's difficult to take a precise amount, what with the tiny serving size. I don't even know if they sell caffeine powder at the local grocery stores. But it seems like that would yield the highest amount of caffeine for the price.

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #221 of 3,173
Apparently caffeine powder is difficult to measure without a very accurate scale and whatnot. Just get some caffeine pills. Its like $5 on amazon for a bottle of 100 pills with 200mg in each. No extra ingredients either, just pure caffeine and some starch (to let it be pressed into a pill).

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #222 of 3,173
Actually, it's easier to know the caffeine dosage in powder and pills compared to coffee, since, you know...it tends to be pure caffeine and the package tells you. (Whereas coffee has tons of other ingredients.)

The problem with powder, as covered in that article, is that it's difficult to take a precise amount, what with the tiny serving size. I don't even know if they sell caffeine powder at the local grocery stores. But it seems like that would yield the highest amount of caffeine for the price.

Well coffee tends to have an amount low enough you can safely drink it without worry. I say tends to because there's death wish.
But as far as caffeine per dollar those two would be the way to go. I bet the powder would be cheapest.

Aug 8, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #223 of 3,173

In your altered state did you see a bunyip or Yowie? Were they drinking coffee?

I didn't see bunyip's or yowie's, but they might have seen me lol.
I did at one point orally give birth to a pheonix or at least thats what I thought was happening, I wasn't actually vomiting so who knows how it would've looked

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #224 of 3,173
Amazing Amazon. I ordered a French Press and another bag of Starbuck's beans today, mid-morning and it arrived this evening. I'm busy writing software tonight to meet a deadline, I might need some soon. There won't be any need for bunyips or Yowies.

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #225 of 3,173
Amazing Amazon. I ordered a French Press and another bag of Starbuck's beans today, mid-morning and it arrived this evening. I'm busy writing software tonight to meet a deadline, I might need some soon. There won't be any need for bunyips or Yowies.

Starbucks is pretty loaded, so I'm sure you'll be fine. 260mg caffeine per 8oz cup out of the Keurig, for pike place roast of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back