Cables.
Aug 10, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #136 of 140
I must conclude that many that respond to this thread I find to have a “doubting Thomas“ nature—afraid to step out of your comfort zones. You guys who use interconnect cables, speaker cable, and power cables are missing out on some superior products that really do improve the sound of your listening experience. But I can’t enlighten anyone— I challenge people here to experience WW for yourself!
Perhaps because this is a sound science thread most here have at least a basic understanding of physics, electrical properties, testing and credible evidence, so who are you trying to convince?

The marketing material in the link you posted ticks all the boxes of psuedoscience explanations, appeal to unqualified or questionable authorities (the absolute sound is the astrology guide of audio) and auto-suggestion. You could reword all the text in that site and apply it to claims made with homeopathy, telepathy and so on. They all rely on expectation biases, placebo effects from those consumer who swallow marketing hook line and sinker, rather than putting in some effort to understand the science behind the impossibility of such claims.

The one question you should ask yourself is why hasn't the purveyor of these cables claimed the James Randi $1 million prize money?

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #137 of 140
I must conclude that many that respond to this thread I find to have a “doubting Thomas“ nature—afraid to step out of your comfort zones. You guys who use interconnect cables, speaker cable, and power cables are missing out on some superior products that really do improve the sound of your listening experience. But I can’t enlighten anyone— I challenge people here to experience WW for yourself!
I would challenge you to prove your point using a controlled DBT. No? OK, we're done.

If there's such a huge and obvious improvement, there will be no problem picking the difference out in an ABX/DBT. I would anticipate that next comes a volley of anti DBT arguments, so we really have nothing to discuss here.

There's noting wrong with a Doubting Thomas. The original Doubting Thomas, in fact, doubted, then got the proof he needed. All we need in Sound Science is the proof.

Aug 11, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #138 of 140
I would suggest that anyone conducting a blind test on cables simply keep those results to themselves. A personal test serves no purpose in attempting to prove anything to others. I would not accept the results with any more faith than I would from an otherwise rational navy pilot making claims that an object they saw while flying could only be from technology not of this planet. It would take a lot more to convince me that either audible difference with cables or intelligent life visiting from another solar system or planet exists; though, as ridiculous as it may be, ET would be significantly more plausible.

Aug 11, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #139 of 140
I agree. The purpose of a personal test is to find out the truth for yourself. If someone doesn’t want to know the truth, and just wants to win an argument, they will lie about the results of their test. We’ve seen that a couple of times here, and it’s a waste of time to engage with those disengenuous jerks. If you have unusual abilities, the people to convince of that are professional scientists, not Internet forum regulars.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #140 of 140
I would suggest that anyone conducting a blind test on cables simply keep those results to themselves. A personal test serves no purpose in attempting to prove anything to others. I would not accept the results with any more faith than I would from an otherwise rational navy pilot making claims that an object they saw while flying could only be from technology not of this planet. It would take a lot more to convince me that either audible difference with cables or intelligent life visiting from another solar system or planet exists; though, as ridiculous as it may be, ET would be significantly more plausible.
A personal DBT is not "controlled".

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back