Cable Upgrades for ZMF Headphones
May 18, 2022 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Guinibee

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone!

I have an Atrium and Verite and I'm debating entering the cable rabbit hole. I have been using my Hart Audio cable, which is solid, but I'm wondering if I'd notice a difference with an upgrade. I honestly haven't tried my stock zmf or the ofc cables that came with my Atrium yet, but I started looking around anyway.

I am debating the Lektrik cables from ZMF or maybe LQI cables, they look pretty slick! Is there a big difference between copper or silver? Cause both Lektrik and LQI for the copper is a good bit cheaper than silver.

Cable folks, let me know!

May 18, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 8
Probably going to piss some people off, but my opinion is Cables are like Jewelry. Particularly headphone cables. You want them to look nice, and feel nice. It pretty much just depends on how much you want to spend for that. Can you tell the difference between cables, or copper and silver? Maybe some people can tell the difference, but the differences are so specific and small that you have to decide on whether or not its worth it. But definitely never ever get silver plated copper, the two metals in contact cause a reaction which will result it bad things, most likely oxidation.

May 18, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 8
Probably going to piss some people off, but my opinion is Cables are like Jewelry. Particularly headphone cables. You want them to look nice, and feel nice. It pretty much just depends on how much you want to spend for that. Can you tell the difference between cables, or copper and silver? Maybe some people can tell the difference, but the differences are so specific and small that you have to decide on whether or not its worth it. But definitely never ever get silver plated copper, the two metals in contact cause a reaction which will result it bad things, most likely oxidation.
Wait... The good looking cables I was thinking of are the silver plated copper lol. Lektrik s and the lqi one I was thinking of are that 😕

May 18, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 8
If sound quality from cables is your barometer, for the ZMFs you must consider Norne Audio Vygarde and Forza Audio Works Noir Hybrid. Both are copper/silver interwoven, not plated, and both are excellent.

May 18, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 8
If sound quality from cables is your barometer, for the ZMFs you must consider Norne Audio Vygarde and Forza Audio Works Noir Hybrid. Both are copper/silver interwoven, not plated, and both are excellent.
Oh man shipping from Forza Audio is a bit pricey 😕. I was hoping LQI was worthwhile considering the price.

May 19, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #6 of 8
Forza Noir Hybrid is my go to upgrade cable for about anything

Nov 8, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #7 of 8
Question for the group: I have The ZMF Vèritè Closed (African Darkwood) and am looking to potentially upgrade my cable>
Amp input would be a 4.4mm balanced into a N30LE. Here are the choices I've narrowed things down to:

Arctic Cables Talos V2 - Grand Series(Pure Copper)
Forza Noir Hybrid HPC(Copper/Silver)
Forza Noir HPC Mk2(Pure Copper)

Meze Copper PCUHD Premium Cable (Pure Copper)

Choice(s) and why would be appreciated.

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #8 of 8
Haven’t tried a lot of cables with the Verite and Atrium but will definitely pick the Lektrik S over stock myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back