Cable reccs for Philips Fidelio X1 ?
Jun 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

estreeter

Headphoneus Supremus
Tyll mentioned that the impedance on the stock cable is too high for his liking - its the only fly in ointment for me as I absolutely adore these cans while my LCD2's sit idle in a drawer. With a detachable cable design using nothing more elaborate than a 3.5mm plug, it would seem to be an easy headphone to recable - any suggestions most welcome. 

estreeter

(Massively under-rated headphone, IMO,

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/big-bottom-and-lively-top-philips-fidelio-x1)

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 6
Scratch that - Drew at Moon makes a Blue Dragon with the exact termination I need for both the X1 and my NAD HP50s - he also makes a micro USB cable for my Hugo. Happy days.  

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 6
Well, the cables that comes with the X1 is 1.8 Ohms, but if you have a great source (Pc, Laptop, amp/dac) you should be fine. However, if your looking for a low impedance 3.5mm, then you should get a V-Moda cable: http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 6
Well, the cable that comes with the X1 is 1.8 Ohms, so If you have a good source (PC, Laptop, amp/dac), then you'll be fine with the stock cable. However, if you want to use a 3.5 mm with low impedance, then go with the V-Moda cable, Works great with the X1's.

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the feedback - most of my listening is either from the Hugo or the Auralic Taurus - no shortage of grunt in either case. One area where NAD really cut corners with the HP50, FWIW, is the flimsy stock cable - would be very interested to hear that headphone with a variety of aftermarket cables. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 6
Yeah, the HP50 cable is very underwhelming, I'm very surprised NAD would pair good headphone's like those with a feeble cable. BTW, those are amazing amp/dac's, would love to try out the Hugo myself especially. 

As a owner of the X1's. I agree, they are criminally underrated, especially at the price they are now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back