Cable for K702
Mar 18, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 46
Drew recabled my K701 (cat snack incident). Since I did not split the cable to both drivers directly, he had recommended Blue Dragon. I have been pleased with the results. And Drew did a nice, clean termination.

Mar 18, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #18 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ztsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, can you describe a bit how is the silver dragon compare with the stock cable of K702?

Mainly, the GD cable was much more detailed and open, with better extension and control at both ends. The RAL cable gave that plus a more realistic sense of cohesion, warmth and weight, together with a more open/balanced midrange.

Mar 19, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #19 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drew recabled my K701 (cat snack incident). Since I did not split the cable to both drivers directly, he had recommended Blue Dragon. I have been pleased with the results. And Drew did a nice, clean termination.

can describe how the blue sound compare to stock cable?

Mar 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #20 of 46
Just received my Black Dragon today.

Initial impressions are good, although not in the way I had expected - the bass doesn't seem to be much weightier than the stock K702 cable at this stage, but everything else has been improved noticeably. The increased clarity, soundstage, treble (oooh the treble), PRaT etc. makes my K702 that much more enjoyable. Looking at Drew's description of his cables on the website, it's almost as if I had Silver Dragons installed...
wink.gif
I'm curious now as to how real Silver Dragons will sound with the K702.

I just hope that, with time, the bass will come out a bit more and I'll really be rock'n.

Mar 21, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #21 of 46
maybe you can match with some punchy amp like rpx-33 to give more a deep and punchy bass.

Mar 21, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #22 of 46
I am thinking either I go for silver or blue.

any degrade of SQ between 10ft and 5ft?

Mar 21, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #23 of 46
I have the Blue Dragon cable -- I think it does a great job of increasing bass impact and smoothing out some of the K702s natural brightness. I don't feel like any detail is lost, but they are less fatiguing now than with the stock cable.

Mar 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #25 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just curious...how can they charge so much for the cable?? I mean Mogami quad is maximum $1.50 per foot before shipping.

I had a 25-ft extension cable made up from that stuff (W2893). Neutrik connectors too. Some may cringe, but what a bargain!
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Slasher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Blue Dragon cable -- I think it does a great job of increasing bass impact and smoothing out some of the K702s natural brightness. I don't feel like any detail is lost, but they are less fatiguing now than with the stock cable.

is it improve the high?

Mar 21, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ztsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it improve the high?

Improve the high, in what way??

Maybe we need to list each cable and it's performance...this way less confusion, and more solid information.

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #29 of 46
ztsen keep in mind, cables is 100% completely subjective as there is no scientific proof that it makes a difference and no one has ever passed a DBT comparison yet.

Have fun with your recabling, just saying asking opinion about how a cable sounds, well to me kinda dumb. It's about as subjective as it can get with headphones.

Mar 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #30 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ztsen keep in mind, cables is 100% completely subjective as there is no scientific proof that it makes a difference and no one has ever passed a DBT comparison yet.

Have fun with your recabling, just saying asking opinion about how a cable sounds, well to me kinda dumb. It's about as subjective as it can get with headphones.

I dont think writing impression of cable is dumb. Cables are taking important part in Hi-fi world since long ago. I am only asking the opinion compare to stock cable. I dont need scientific prove. I just like to hear people opinion. I appreciate who ever can contribute, this really help in my decision.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back