CABLE BUILDERS - I need a custom cable
Jun 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

freshbig9

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a custom cable for my Apogee Duet 2. I want to send my breakout cable 15 feet, and the current breakout box they sell only has a six foot cable. Who will take my money???  PM or feel free to ask questions below.

Jul 2, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 7
Not too much preference there - I'd love it to be well shielded from interference, and white, if we can.  Not a big deal if it's black though.  The smaller the better too, but insulation takes priority.

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #4 of 7
Trust me when I say you don't want soild core.  That is going to end up bad.  If you would like I would be mroe than happy to build them for you.  

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #6 of 7
  I'd be curious to know why you think solid core cable is "going to end up bad". 

Just in my experience any cable that has any chance of moving just isn't very good if it is solid core.  The only place I would personally use it, is inside a chassis or some kind of enclosure.  It has memory and I have had the wire break before on me.  But it is a lot easier to work with though
rolleyes.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #7 of 7

Just in my experience any cable that has any chance of moving just isn't very good if it is solid core.  The only place I would personally use it, is inside a chassis or some kind of enclosure.  It has memory and I have had the wire break before on me.  But it is a lot easier to work with though
rolleyes.gif

You have valid points. I've used plenty of solid core for interconnects and the like without issue, but they are a bit more stiff than their stranded counterparts. Don't mean to derail the OPs thread here. Sorry about that Fresh. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back