"Cable Blind Taste Test"
Jul 12, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #151 of 179
Pleanty of issues are surely more important, like health of himself or family.....Or a hundred other reasons of priority.

Best-

Jul 14, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #152 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by daba
What's the hold up here? Ed, if you want I can tabulate results for you in SPSS.

I just checked this thread today...
eek.gif

I am the hold up. Not Ed's fault at all, but completely mine. The cables will be shipped back to Edwood today and I'll let Ed know my selections. I do apologize. This isn’t the norm for me to lag, but the last few weeks have been an extremely busy time for me. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jul 14, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #153 of 179
I wish I would have gotten in on this. Seems pretty interesting. Round 2?

Jul 19, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #156 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by gevorg
Are you home yet?
smily_headphones1.gif

I think Ed's home.

And the delivery confirmation indicates Ed received the cables on Saturday (7/15).

I can't wait to know which cable was which...

Jul 19, 2006 at 10:02 AM Post #162 of 179
Speaking of going on for two years... perhaps next time, if something similar should be tested, it would be held at a large meet? Subjects would listen to various cables in a quiet setting as a double blind test. Then they would rate the cables on some sort of scale or similar.

The said cables would then be transported to another large meet... etc.

It would be quite interesting, and much more expedient than sending them to individuals.

Jul 19, 2006 at 10:59 AM Post #163 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by daba
Speaking of going on for two years... perhaps next time, if something similar should be tested, it would be held at a large meet? Subjects would listen to various cables in a quiet setting as a double blind test. Then they would rate the cables on some sort of scale or similar.

The said cables would then be transported to another large meet... etc.

It would be quite interesting, and much more expedient than sending them to individuals.

A meeting is by far one of the worst environments to evaluate subtle differences in cables, there is to much noise around and people always tend to blame the system and the synergy and blah blah blah......so not sure if this kind of solution will be better at the end, right now they have no excuse to be wrong or right, as they had the cables in the system they are used to listen...

Jul 19, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #165 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
A meeting is by far one of the worst environments to evaluate subtle differences in cables, there is to much noise around and people always tend to blame the system and the synergy and blah blah blah......so not sure if this kind of solution will be better at the end, right now they have no excuse to be wrong or right, as they had the cables in the system they are used to listen...

Yea, I'm aware it'd be noisy; that's a problem with most meets and there's a quick fix by dedicating a room for listening, and another one for socializing. Maybe trying to keep a standardized system for listening as well... perhaps ship a system around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back