C-Media USB Audio/TBAAM
Nov 1, 2006 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kaaspeer

Head-Fier
Alright after looking a bit through this forum i notice that people are generally happy with their TBAAM.

I've also read that the TBAAM uses the exact same chip as some generic USB soundcards you can get on ebay everywhere (C-Media USB Audio).

Well I just so happen to have one laying around (my dad used it on his pc so that i didn't have to get his headset out from the back whenever he doesn't need them anymore, but since he has a headphone jack on the front of his case he doesn't need it anymore). I was planning on getting an MS1 and probably buy an Xmod or something.

Would this thing suffice for the MS1 or should i upgrade anyway?
I don't mind spending the extra money but if it isn't really neccesary to upgrade then i'd rather not.

Nov 1, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 3
upgrading is never necessary, strictly speaking. First get your MS-1, then listen for awhile for the differences between the TBAAM and your stock card. Not just volume, which will also be greater, but quality. Then, decide if you want to go up a notch or two. No point in jumping up until you know where you're jumping from and where you want to jump to, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back