c-Jays Review
May 20, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #107 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are a really "funny" phone, not the analytic type by any means, but very fun..

That was the idea already from the the first sketches Daniel did. We believe that today many people forget about the key in what music should be about. And v-JAYS will not blend with specifications from Mars even if it is good tech. What it will do is get you in a good mood. I had an email from a guy today (I'm sure you are here somewhere) and as I told him I have been a musician all my live and music is deep within my blood. And what I've learned from this is that best equipment is not always what moves your soul. I have had crappy amps that have "it" that I used instead of the MATCHLESS hand made US amp I had that costed losts of $$$. Music should be about this. Life should be about this. In the end we all want to have fun and v-JAYS I hope and belive will give this for a pretty small amount of money.

May 20, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #109 of 152
Yes I have, but I can not give any details about sound and so on, before I get a green light from Petced..

What I can say is that it is not a "nerdphone" where you can hear someone lighting a match in the far left corner of the hall (and who cares???)..

It is just plain fun, a bit like getting a walkman when they where new at the marked, it was not the best devices but we all used them because it was fun (and new) hearing the music everywhere you went..

It is by no means not good sounding, but it emphasis the "feeling good vibe" and not al those nerdfactors like soundstage, separation, details add a few more if you wish..

BTW I am a nerd (big time), but I just kept putting them on, because they just made me feel good..

May 21, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #110 of 152
i just hope they are tuned for the one set of pads, i fel the c's had been tuned to try and give a bit of everything with the thin and huge thick pads and feel it didint work. there was just this giant mound of mid bass that overpowered everything on them and no highs. (on the thin pads)

still i agree with things you said before about the c's so fingers crossed i agree again about the v's

i still want jays to make a properly closed pad for the c's

May 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #113 of 152
I have not tried the foam from the c´s on them, mainly because I was listening and "testing" them and because of that did not want to go to far from the original..

Regarding the comfort I really can not feel any difference, but I do not like the onear types, so no matter what I do I can not find that type comfortable, but for the type they are OK

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #114 of 152
After a lot of hesitation I finally ordered a C-Jays instead of a Nuforce UF-30 or an HD 238.

All the reviews seems interesting for the price. More details coming when I will receive it :wink:

Aug 14, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #118 of 152
well it seems i now shall be trying the v-jays out soon, naturally a full review will appear a week or two after they do.

fingers crossed they are everything im hoping they ought to be

now jays how long till you make a closed version too? get those drivers and tune them right for something closed im sure they could get some seriously deep lush bass going on, go on you know you want to.

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #119 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well it seems i now shall be trying the v-jays out soon, naturally a full review will appear a week or two after they do.

fingers crossed they are everything im hoping they ought to be

now jays how long till you make a closed version too? get those drivers and tune them right for something closed im sure they could get some seriously deep lush bass going on, go on you know you want to.

I have made a closed pair of c-JAYS myself IMO it is quite good, but I do not have the means or knowledge to tune the drivers, so I tried to tune them the best I could using different dampning materials and different housings..

One thing I found out was that a driver in a closed can needs to be fed with much more power than an open can to deliver the same volumen, maybe because it has resistans both ways, but fed from a powerfull amp it is not a problem.

I have been thinking a lot about making a c-JAYS woddie, just need the tools, but I am looking for it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back