C.E.C TL3N + DA3N and HiRes music
Sep 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

XVampireX

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey folks,
I've got a question that's boggling my mind, I've already sent an email to C.E.C Audio and will be waiting for an answer.

Here's the deal, I've went to audition the Audeze LCD-2 a few days ago and I enjoyed it but I tested them with different CDs... only very few were HiRes.
I also brought along my tablet with 24/96 music on it.
Thought I'd be able to connect it to some equipment he had, nada....

So here's the big question, if I want to listen to music I'm familiar with and want to audition the LCD-2, what would be a good way to make the 24/96 flac files turn into a playable CD on the equipment that's written in the title? It says it supports 32/192khz at the most and of course, 24/96 should be possible.

Thanks!

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 7
Anyone? :)) Please! I wanna listen to my music over there through the Audeze :D

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3 of 7
I don't think you can. The TL3N is a CD transport, and hi-res files are outside the scope of regular CDs. If it was a DVD player we could figure something out, but a CD transport will not do it.

The DA3N has inputs capable of accepting hi-res material. Including a USB input. But that will probably require a computer. Do you have a laptop you can bring? Tablets are still not very good at getting sound to a DAC. A few can, but not many. 

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 7
Uhm, yeah, sure, a laptop I have :wink:

but the usb ports that I saw there, well they are either mini usb or whatever it was, couldn't figure out exactly, not standard for this for sure...

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 7
  Uhm, yeah, sure, a laptop I have :wink:

but the usb ports that I saw there, well they are either mini usb or whatever it was, couldn't figure out exactly, not standard for this for sure...

DA3N has a regular USB port on back, like most other DACs. Your laptop should have normal USB ports as well. So all you need is a cable, just like the one used to connect your laptop to a printer. The shop should have cables like that. If not, bring one from home.

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #6 of 7
Will I need to download some drivers beforehand or something? I understand this is working as a dac, I'm supposed to be able to choose the device somehow, either through ASIO driver or what not most likely I won't have internet connection there so what goes? :D

And thanks for the help

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 7
  Will I need to download some drivers beforehand or something? I understand this is working as a dac, I'm supposed to be able to choose the device somehow, either through ASIO driver or what not most likely I won't have internet connection there so what goes? :D

And thanks for the help

Not sure, that depends on the DAC. Most DACs will support up to 24/96 in Windows without any special drivers, or up to 24/192 on a Mac. But there are a few exceptions. So I'd look in to that DAC and see what it needs. Also make sure you have Foobar and/or some other playback software all ready to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back