C&C XO Owners Post Your Impressions Here!
Apr 28, 2007 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Headspace

New Head-Fier
[size=medium]Any C&C XO owners please post your experiences. I have recently ordered one to pair with my A900's and Ipod and to improve the output on the TV. From everything I've read this amp seems to be high quality for it's price point and I'm looking for reconfirmation on my decision! Thanks. [/size]

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 28
Apr 29, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 28
Indeed you did sir. Thank you for your reviews. Judging by all the portable amplifiers you have personally purchased for your reviews, your hobby has turned into a maniacle obsession!!
smily_headphones1.gif
blink.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headspace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed you did sir. Thank you for your reviews. Judging by all the portable amplifiers you have personally purchased for your reviews, your hobby has turned into a maniacle obsession!!
smily_headphones1.gif
blink.gif

ROTFL That is great. Yes there are a number of people here who have, shall we say, an obsession. I have 5 tube testers and 2 years ago I had over 10. Who on this earth that is using them for a hobby would need that many? Amps on the other hand, well, the portables are at least small.

Apr 29, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headspace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
blink.gif

I suppose so! Buy I have sold most of these - I have only kept 4-5 (which is still 2-3 more than I really NEED
icon10.gif
)

Apr 29, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suppose so! Buy I have sold most of these - I have only kept 4-5 (which is still 2-3 more than I really NEED
icon10.gif
)

Well you have my curiousity going on the Larocco Audio Pocket Reference II Mk 2 Amp. That thing is sweeeet! (and expensive)

I went with a nice portable compromise with the C&C XO. It's my first headphone amp and I have to settle for only one right now I reckon.

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #10 of 28
Hi Headspace,

No worries, I believe you will like it.

The C&C XO is really nicely smooth and mellow sounding... I simply love the sound. I read many posts that it being tube-like. But I don't know much about tubes. And the chinese sites favourably compared it to larger amps like the LDMT, and it held its ground.

Before that, I like what the C&C Box V2 sounds with my gear, and XO can just improve on the sound so much. Now my ears have became more fussy! It's still only about 100 hours and I am neglecting my other amps.

I got mine from headb.com , they deliver fast and I got it early on the 4th day. Sounds good out of the box, but gets better by the day. Will source for 2111KP opamps as some fellas tried it and swear the SQ went notches up with some headphone types.

Apr 30, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #11 of 28
Hi all,
I'm also considering to get XO.
And now I have a question about XO.If someone helps me,I appreciate it.

I've read many reviews about XO sound,like "its sounds like tubey".
On the other side,I've read the a few review XO sounds neutral and flat ,not tubey.
Which is right opinion about XO?
confused.gif

I like tubey sound.So if XO is like tubey,I will purchase XO.

And I have C&C box V2 and LDMT.
So I also want to know the difference between them, If there is who can compare.
Thanks.

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacob23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,
I'm also considering to get XO.
And now I have a question about XO.If someone helps me,I appreciate it.

I've read many reviews about XO sound,like "its sounds like tubey".
On the other side,I've read the a few review XO sounds neutral and flat ,not tubey.
Which is right opinion about XO?
confused.gif

I like tubey sound.So if XO is like tubey,I will purchase XO.

And I have C&C box V2 and LDMT.
So I also want to know the difference between them, If there is who can compare.
Thanks.

Hi Jacob23,

I just find the music much more enjoyable from the XO as compared to the Box V2, simply another notch or 2 up! Better transparency, air, more ease in bringing out the smooth, silky vocals and music. No regrets for me on my buy.

Differences between the XO, Box+ and V2 can be found at one of the links in the headb.com site. I was impressed by the stats shown for the XO. I found it only just now.

I don't have the LDMT so I can't compare, but if you can understand chinese or can find a good translator, you may want to look at these threads:

This one is the main thread on the C&C amps:
http://erji.net/read.php?tid=357952

This one is a comparison between 3 amps, the XO, LDMT and a larger amp:
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=341985&keyword=

Hope this helps.
eggosmile.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #13 of 28
C&C XO is my first headphone amp, since I have not compared it with another amps, I do not know which level it is in. But it is really full of fun for me, it makes my music listening more enjoyable, and I tried to change different OP to get different sound experience.

May 1, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #14 of 28
tristram,thanks for your comment.
You look like really enjoying with XO.Your comment has much persuasiveness for me as your opinion of the same C&C Box user.
biggrin.gif

And thanks for the link.I've translated them by google and read them.
According to these threads,it looks XO is competitor with LDMT.Both LDMT and XO are warm side,but XO seems more neutral than LDMT.
It's difficult to catch the soundsignature correctly though.

Everyone points out XO has great detail and smoothy.So it is certain that XO is my step-up from C&C Box.
I must make a decision whether I buy XO till 5/13....

Anyway thanks for your help.
600smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tristram /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Jacob23,

I just find the music much more enjoyable from the XO as compared to the Box V2, simply another notch or 2 up! Better transparency, air, more ease in bringing out the smooth, silky vocals and music. No regrets for me on my buy.

Differences between the XO, Box+ and V2 can be found at one of the links in the headb.com site. I was impressed by the stats shown for the XO. I found it only just now.

I don't have the LDMT so I can't compare, but if you can understand chinese or can find a good translator, you may want to look at these threads:

This one is the main thread on the C&C amps:
http://erji.net/read.php?tid=357952

This one is a comparison between 3 amps, the XO, LDMT and a larger amp:
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=341985&keyword=

Hope this helps.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back