C&C Box XO
Mar 31, 2007 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

fhuang

Headphoneus Supremus
i heard it yesterday. unbelievable. easily better than C&C Box +. the bass is great. clean, tight and lots of bass. you get even more bass when you switch on the bass buttom. soundstage is pretty good. while i'm typing, i forgot i pretty much forgot to focus on the mids and the highs(i know i'm a bass head) but my impression is the mids and highs are also better than the +. i tried at a shop in Hong Kong. i know i'm bad/can't write reviews
redface.gif
, actually i know this can't call it a review but some heads up. if you want more info, just ask.

Mar 31, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 68
Interesting! Is the C&C Box + similar to the C&C Box V2 besides the input impedance switch or whatever new one it has on the back?

The C&C Box XO looks really oddly attractive..

Also, apparently it's just to be called the "C&C XO" without the Box in the name.

Mar 31, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i heard it yesterday. unbelievable. easily better than C&C Box +. the bass is great. clean, tight and lots of bass. you get even more bass when you switch on the bass buttom. soundstage is pretty good. while i'm typing, i forgot i pretty much forgot to focus on the mids and the highs(i know i'm a bass head) but my impression is the mids and highs are also better than the +. i tried at a shop in Hong Kong. i know i'm bad/can't write reviews
redface.gif
, actually i know this can't call it a review but some heads up. if you want more info, just ask.

fhuang: sounds exciting. where was the shop you did the listening? i might want to bring along my Xin SMIV-LE for a brief comparison.

Mar 31, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 68
Do you know if these will be available in the US soon? Also, at the shop, what was the price (converted to USD) of the amp? I have to agree, by the way, the XO does have a really wierd attractiveness to it. I like the glossy flask look.

Mar 31, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it costs about $1400 at mingo's. that's about 180US

Hi Fhuang..
[size=x-small]We will be posting Our C&C Xo very soon.
And Grp Buy as well..
It really is a first Class Amplifier no Doubt!
If you guys want more info just ask me.
Soundwize[/size]

Mar 31, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwize /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Fhuang..
[size=x-small]We will be posting Our C&C Xo very soon.
And Grp Buy as well..
It really is a first Class Amplifier no Doubt!
If you guys want more info just asked.
Soundwize[/size]

[size=x-small]:Summary of Specification[/size]:

Professional design suits all low and higher impedance headphones
High and low impedance choice plus two levels’ gain control brings more freedom to adapt your audio sources and music.
Output capacitor with no coupling provides more wider frequency response.
Customized dedicated compensation design for*various headphones and individual hearing preference make Sound reproduction quality*approximate perfect. Two compensations include: low frequency compensation and*harmony*sound stage*expansion compensation. If*compensation switches are complete off, it will be*a common high-fidelity, low/high impedance headphone amplifier.
The adoption of parallel multi-level power output control ensures low output impedance and much powerful control. The amplifier will start boost circuit under high resistance state to ensure the output no distortion under high voltage, satisfying the drive demand for both medium and high resistance headphones.
Authentic ALPS Hi-end volume potentiometer ensures the high sound quality.
Large capacity Lithium batteries with specialized customization quality and full protection, conducting adequate capacity, coherence is excellent.**
Internal design contains intelligent voltage charging circuit, full automatic Trickle Up. You can*listen to music while charging without interference or any communication made.*
1000uF*4 professional design ensures the pure and clarity of source power.
Maximum output power: 1000mW+1000mW output*.
Headset plugs impedance: 8-600 ohm Auto Match.
THD+N (total harmonics distortion plus noise) : below 0.01%
Frequency response*: 0-100kHz/1dB**
Super duration playing time: 60 hours (Under low impedance) 25 hours (Under high impedance)
Pocket size, dimensions: 71 * 20* 91mm (Strong Aluminum Casing)
Mainframe weight (including battery) : 150g
Power: 100-240V, 50/60Hz; 12V DC
Soundwize
C&C Sound Labs.

Mar 31, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #8 of 68
Wow, that is one nice looking amp!

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #12 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It almost looks like a whiskey flask....
biggrin.gif

whiskey 'n audio.... definately a good mic IMHO
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #13 of 68
XO, eh? Sounds more, like a fine cognac to me. But hey, you can have that in your hip flask as well
smily_headphones1.gif
But, she's a beauty. Only thing I fear is that we'll stow them away in protective bags. A bit like iPods: they look much nicer *without* a silicon case et al, but I wouldn't dare *not* having one since that would be risking having its surface scratched, which, of course, I can't *see* with a case on anyway...

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #14 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by blipmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XO, eh? Sounds more, like a fine cognac to me. But hey you can have that in you hip flask as well
smily_headphones1.gif
But, she's a beauty. Only thing I fear is that we'll stow them away in protective bags. A bit like iPods: they look much nicer *without* a silicon case et al, but I wouldn't dare *not* having one since that would be risking having its surface scratched, which, of course, I can't *see* with a case on anyway...

Had the same dilemma with my ATH-ES7.. but BestSkinsEver is the answer
biggrin.gif
Might be a bit hard with that shape, though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back