C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Aug 10, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #2,716 of 3,421
Quote:

Here is what I use right now. I picked up the interconnect form BTG-Audio before I started making my own cables/interconnects. Going to make a new one this weekend to try out a different arrangement. 

There are a lot of options, but most of them cant be done with options available on Ebay. Getting a company or a DIYer to make you one is easy enough though.

I have/do. The Mad Dogs scale with more power, to a point. Most people that buy Mad Dogs do so for a work or desktop rig. That rig generally consists of a powerful amp of some sort. Lots of guys even go the vintage receive route. Along with the Schiit Magni, I also use my Dogs with a Emotiva a-100 speaker amp with an adapter I built to run from speaker taps to a 1/4" female.
Power really makes the Dogs come out to play.

If you plug the Mad Dogs into the C&C BH in output 1 with the gain on high, they supply enough volume that you could cause some hearing loss. However, you lose a lot of the Mad Dogs magic. The sound is a little looser, not as detailed, and lacks the tight slam that you get from raw power. It works on-the-go but you lose a fair amount of potential. 

Thanks for the input. I'll try to check for some local DIYers.

Quote:

This is brilliant!

Aug 11, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #2,717 of 3,421
Holly Molly, that's a setup, and it must be healthy too :)

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #2,722 of 3,421
Quote:

I normally use it with the M/M stack and it's great. Love it. So the answer is yes.

You could still use the C&C with the MDs on a plane and enjoy it. No doubt about it. Its not like you'd be trying to do critical listening on a plane anyway. The Mad Dogs would be super comfy too for that. Though with the announcement of the Alpha Dogs, I'm probably going to upgrade. Curious to see how well the C&C BH does with those, however, I imagine that it will be close to the same considering it's still the same driver just with new cups. 

This is brilliant, end game home rig is gonna be about 330€ excl delivery! :D 

Now to just find me some IEMs to get close to end game on the go. Getting TF10s sometime soon so I'll see how well they really pair with the C&C 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #2,724 of 3,421
Aug 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #2,726 of 3,421
Aug 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #2,727 of 3,421
What I really meant by that is it will be an end game rig for the foreseeable future! Currently a Part Time Employed Student. So it's the Max I can justify if ,y summer contract extended! After that it's all savings to go to America for the summer! If not, still have my S500s and C&C to fall back on :p

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #2,728 of 3,421
Finally I have managed to rebuild my LOD cable for Fuze with some Elna SimicII capacitors. I really like the sound of my rig now (Fuze, my own diy lod cable with Elna caps, ATH ES-700 recabled by Forza Audioworks).

I also had a peek inside the amp - this time I wasn't so impressed. The Wima caps from seller description - none of them found, only some cheapo film caps, very sloppy soldering. Just need to wait for some cash to come and I'm going to change few parts inside - replace all film caps with Kemet of Wima, replace pot with hand picked Alps, replace Rubycon electrolits with Nichicon Muse. When done I'll post the update.

But nevertheless it pairs nicely with Fuze and ES-700.

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #2,729 of 3,421
Hey there, haven't popped into this thread for quite some time now, since I bought my C5!

Anyways, I recently received a pair of Vsonic VSD1S from a local Head-Fi'er, and man, do they kick arse with the BH/C3 combo! 
I didn't quite feel this when using it with the C5/C3 rig, but man, did the BH do me right, yet again!

Here's the rig doing me justice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back