C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #1,472 of 3,421
Nothing I would say. I dare to say that if someone believe that it changes it is them getting used to the sound.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #1,473 of 3,421
I finally got my Mad Dogs with Alpha pads back in and will spend some time with them and the BH over the weekend.  I'll post up my impressions Sunday.

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #1,474 of 3,421
An ipod lod? No need to go fancy over an ipod dac and m50. Standard fiio lod will do just fine.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, iPhone 4S, actually.

So, the Fiio L9 would suffice? No need to go with a silver based LOD?

I just bagged the Fiio 9 off ebay. I looked at many others as I was worried about quality, but I like how the Fiio cable comes out the side which I think will put less stress on the LOD iPhone port. If I get into this more I'll spend more money on a better cable and see.

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #1,475 of 3,421
SO I realized why the BH is the only amp for me - Battery

I'm usually out with my music player on for 8-10 hour periods. I can go 2 days without charging my iPod, but 2 WEEKS without charging my BH, and some newer amps I've been following aren't clocking in enough battery time - for me. 

So I'm ending my portable amp search. The only other amp that I'm looking at is the Headstage Arrow 4G and it's just as impressive battery life, but For now, the BH will do just fine. 

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #1,477 of 3,421
Just ordered the Colorfly C3 to pair with my BH.  Looking forward to it.  Now I have to build a mini to mini plug.

Got tired of my recently Rockboxed iPod Video and the glitches.  I know the C3 isn't without faults but I'll deal with it due to the sound quality trade off.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #1,478 of 3,421
I go the BH C&C for almost 2 weeks now and I'm even happier with it compared to the first day.
This little device is amazing!
I use it on the go powered from C3 and with AKG k518 headphones and the sound is great....you already knew that from the others. It's very clean and very good overall quality. A bit on the cold side, but very good!
Yesterday evening I connected the BH to my PC setup (Audinst mx1 Dac + Beyerdynamic DT990). Well, I wasn't expecting that such a small device can improve even more the sound of the Audinst, which is a quite well regarded DAC+AMP combo. I can't tell there's a big difference if I connect it to the audinst, sound is the same to my ears, except the bass...which is quite improved and more powerful. With LF off...to me it sounds identical to Audinst...no difference. With LF ON, well...the low bass has more power. I made some tests. I can barely hear anything at 30Hz from Audinst+DT990. If I go with Audinst+BH (LF on)+DT990 I can start feeling it. The same goes for 30-100 Hz. Volume is higher.
Well, now I don't want to listen to the PC setup without the BH :D. I have to do everytime the switch from C3 to the home setup or the 2nd option is to buy a 2nd BH amp
smily_headphones1.gif
. It's really a pleasure to listen to this combo of 3 devices and the DT990 sound is warmer and much better than the K518. This is my little story.
Now it's time to stop testing and start listening to my albums again!

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #1,479 of 3,421
pablo, welcome to BH fan club, indeed a great little magic box with plenty of juice :)

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #1,483 of 3,421
Actually I have listened alot with my DT880 and they get very detailing because of the extra highs, but no harshness or treble fatigue for me. And for my MDR-1R they get that extra treble to make em more enjoyable. Looking forward to try the BH with my Mad Dogs when i have ordered and got em here, will be fun to see if it can satisfy them. The new upgrade Leather ALPHA Pads looks so nice, hard to not order now.

Which impedance model of the DT880 did you use with the BH? Did the BH improve bass response of the 880?

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #1,484 of 3,421

Users who are viewing this thread

Back