C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #1,442 of 3,421
I've actually paired the XBA40s with the C&C BH. Compared to the E11s, preference wise, I definitely would still go to the E11s. The C&C BH definitely brings out the clarity with the 40s, and ultimately makes the sound signature from a U shape, to more of a flat response. However, the main thing I didn't like about the BH was that it affected the soundstage of the 40s a bit. There was definitely an increased clarity and detail (especially microdetail) with the BH, also,the instrument seperation was more pronounced and audible. However, I would still deem the E11 + XBA40 the best. The zout of the BH, on outout1 is 2 ohms vs the E11s 0.5 ohm. With the 40s being an extremely picky IEM, there is a synergy with the E11 that makes the layering of the soundstage more seamless. The extra clarity given by the BH overall removes the smoothness of the sound. Lastly, I believe the extra ohms of the zout on the BH skews the 40s soundstage a bit (similar to the effect I had pairing it with the Sansa Zip Clip with a zout of ~1.5). The best way I can describe it is with the E11, the 40s place you right in the middle of the stage, with a good 5-10 feet from the L and R guitars, and the center stage vocalist/drums. The BH reduces the distance from 5-10 feet, to almost directly next to you, while increasing the centerstage depth.

I will audition both for a week to see how it goes if anything changes.

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #1,443 of 3,421
Quote:
From what i gather about the F1, is that its made for low impedance IEMs, more specifically balanced armature IEMs. There's a very large capacitor in the F1, resulting in its curved shape. This capacitor allows for alot more current to be delivered to those BA IEMs. I would say that <32 ohms you would want to put the F1 on your shopping list.

Hmmmm so do you think it would be better for me to get the F1's for my B2's rather than the BH?

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #1,444 of 3,421
Hmmmm so do you think it would be better for me to get the F1's for my B2's rather than the BH?
You're safe with the BH.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #1,445 of 3,421
Quote:

You'd be doing yourself a big favor if you grabbed the BH over the F1.

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #1,446 of 3,421
Quote:
I really like my E12, but I may be in a situation for a while where the very long battery life of the C&C might come in quite handy.

I did a quick search but didn't find much.... is anyone using the C&C with GR07BE's?

I'm still quite interested in trying out this unit.

I'm sure that the info has already been provided in this thread, so my apologies. But how long does shipping take to get to North America? (I'm in Canada).

Thanks.

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #1,447 of 3,421
Quote:
F1 probably performs really well, i don't know how much interest it would grab being specifically for IEM when the general rule here is low impedance IEM doesn't require amplification. I can see a few members shaking their naughty fingers I'n the air.
tongue.gif

But sure, I may consider one I'n the future, if I knew it could perform higher than BH with my IEM collection I would be all over it, I'm just not willing to take that risk when I'm 100% satisfied with our current find.

Maybe another IEM user would like to give it a try, one who's wallet wouldn't suffer as much as mine atm.

I'd consider trying it but I'm not sure if my TF10's would be impacted favourably by the F1's lower output impedance.. would it not make them sound sibilant?  

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #1,448 of 3,421

I'm sure that the info has already been provided in this thread, so my apologies. But how long does shipping take to get to North America? (I'm in Canada).

Thanks.

I'm in California. I ordered from the eBay seller Pollychen like many others here. My unit arrived 8 days from the time I ordered it.

Obviously YMMV depending on your area and your counties customs procedures.

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #1,449 of 3,421
Quote:
I'm in California. I ordered from the eBay seller Pollychen like many others here. My unit arrived 8 days from the time I ordered it.

Obviously YMMV depending on your area and your counties customs procedures.

Thanks. That's pretty quick (relative to other stuff I have bought from ebay/china!). So it's ordered. It will be interesting to see how it fairs against both my E11 and my E12 with my gear. I hope that I really like it, because that battery life will really come in handy for me.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #1,451 of 3,421
Just got mine today
ksc75smile.gif
.  Although I'm not thrilled with the fit and finish of it, for a $100 I can't complain.  Barely had a chance to listen to it but the initial impressions are that it is a bit bright (i'm hoping it will warm up over time).  That being said all my components are very new, minus the Ipod 5.5G.  i had a Apex Glacier and it was warmer but still had the micro details, however this was paired with a Note 2 and I was using the DAC on the glacier as well.  I love the size of it and I'm looking forward to the burn in.  I'm not sure wether I like the forwardness of out 1 better vs the more laid back sound from out 2.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #1,452 of 3,421
Quote:

Thanks.

Yep, about 8-10 days from Pollychen into the US. Works very well with the GR07 BEs.
Quote:
Just got mine today
ksc75smile.gif
.  Although I'm not thrilled with the fit and finish of it, for a $100 I can't complain.  Barely had a chance to listen to it but the initial impressions are that it is a bit bright (i'm hoping it will warm up over time).  That being said all my components are very new, minus the Ipod 5.5G.  i had a Apex Glacier and it was warmer but still had the micro details, however this was paired with a Note 2 and I was using the DAC on the glacier as well.  I love the size of it and I'm looking forward to the burn in.  I'm not sure wether I like the forwardness of out 1 better vs the more laid back sound from out 2.

It highs will level off as my initial impressions were the same but they tamed after a bit of use. I now term them as crisp which I like.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #1,453 of 3,421

New pic of my custom copper LOD - listening comparison to my pure silver one tonight!!

EDIT: notice my 3M bumpons on the amp - no slide and use my bands from C&C so I can switch to other amps easy!!

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #1,454 of 3,421
Quote:
EDIT: notice my 3M bumpons on the amp - no slide and use my bands from C&C so I can switch to other amps easy!!

Curious: why don't you use the 3M dual lock stuff? Now that I have it, I have it on everything, and it's very handy. No bands - yay!

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #1,455 of 3,421
Quote:
Yep, about 8-10 days from Pollychen into the US. Works very well with the GR07 BEs.

It highs will level off as my initial impressions were the same but they tamed after a bit of use. I now term them as crisp which I like.

Thanks. And the brightness is really about the only thing that I am a bit wary of. We will see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back