C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Feb 22, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #946 of 3,421
I am a tad jealous at geko95gek's collection of bands there. :rolleyes:

I have good news!

Pollychen is back in stock! Seems you can't keep a good man down. :wink:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/C-C-BH-Portable-Headphone-AMP-battery-AMP-CC-BH-NEW-/261172737290?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item3ccf1bb50a&_uhb=1

Feb 22, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #947 of 3,421
Quote:
Geko, nice package. I am wondering why you got more rubber bands than I in my package from HK? did you order from China? 
angry_face.gif

bloody, i want that Pink band
darthsmile.gif

Its not really pink, its more purple lol

Yeah I got it from the main man... pollychen. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I am a tad jealous at geko95gek's collection of bands there.
rolleyes.gif

I have good news!

Pollychen is back in stock! Seems you can't keep a good man down.
wink.gif

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/C-C-BH-Portable-Headphone-AMP-battery-AMP-CC-BH-NEW-/261172737290?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item3ccf1bb50a&_uhb=1

Wooo, he just keeps on going! 

Btw, dont wanna say too much... but this amp sounds amazing!!

How much initial charge did you have on yours when you first got it?

Feb 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #948 of 3,421
Geko
happy_face1.gif

actually i received mine from pollychen too but... only two black bands (or was there four?)

yes, BH sounds amazing and you know what? since i received my BH fully charged on arrival nearly two weeks ago this little baby still runs HOT and does not even ask for recharging. amazing battery life here !!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #949 of 3,421
Wooo, he just keeps on going! 

Btw, dont wanna say too much... but this amp sounds amazing!!

How much initial charge did you have on yours when you first got it?

Glad you like it! :smile:

Well, it's hard to say how much charge there is, I used mine for a few hours (probably about 7) then charged it full that evening. I top up once every 1.5 weeks just to be sure. others didn't worry about charging at all. :p One member said they had it going three weeks out of the box without charging. I recommened using the USB wall charger over laptop/PC port (faster). You can rest assured though your charges will be few and far between. The amp just keeps pumping out the same quality for hours.... upon hours!

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #950 of 3,421
I've been been keeping a quite detailed "protocol" regarding the battery life from a full charge to really get a solid number.
Up until today it's been running for 74 h 30 min (give or take 1-2 h), that's insane
eek.gif

About 80% of the listening is with all the switches ON and the volume at approximately 50-60%, the remaining 20% is from testing with other switch and output configurations.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #952 of 3,421
Quote:
Geko
happy_face1.gif

actually i received mine from pollychen too but... only two black bands (or was there four?)

yes, BH sounds amazing and you know what? since i received my BH fully charged on arrival nearly two weeks ago this little baby still runs HOT and does not even ask for recharging. amazing battery life here !!!
biggrin.gif

It was 2 black large bands, 2 small black ones and 1 purple small one.

Quote:
Glad you like it!
smile.gif

Well, it's hard to say how much charge there is, I used mine for a few hours (probably about 7) then charged it full that evening. I top up once every 1.5 weeks just to be sure. others didn't worry about charging at all.
tongue.gif
One member said they had it going three weeks out of the box without charging. I recommened using the USB wall charger over laptop/PC port (faster). You can rest assured though your charges will be few and far between. The amp just keeps pumping out the same quality for hours.... upon hours!

Hmm wow thats immense.

I've been running it for about 3 hours now and all is good.

First impressions:

*Wow this thing adds some amazing definition to the sound! (especially Psy-Trance)
*That SF switch is like SRS WOW effect!
*Would have liked the volume knob to be a bit tighter.
*Also, LF switch could add a bit more bass.
*Gawd, this thing is tiny and sexy!!

That's it so far. I've only been listening to it with my JVC HA-S500 for now, and they pair really very well! 
basshead.gif

Pictures of my C&C BH package just after I received it:

PS. Woo this is my 500th post! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #953 of 3,421
Quote:
First impressions:

*Wow this thing adds some amazing definition to the sound! (especially Psy-Trance)
*That SF switch is like SRS WOW effect!
*Would have liked the volume knob to be a bit tighter.
*Also, LF switch could add a bit more bass.
*Gawd, this thing is tiny and sexy!!

That's it so far. I've only been listening to it with my JVC HA-S500 for now. 
basshead.gif

PS. Woo this is my 500th post! 
biggrin.gif

Happy 500th geko!

What is your source? And how is the synergy with the S500's? My concern would be that the C&C might make the treble a bit too bright (for me), but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #954 of 3,421
Just want to say thanks for this thread, My C&C BH arrived from Pollychen today too and is currently burning in. Very impressed so far and looking forward to finding the right sound for my ears.

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #955 of 3,421
Happy 500th geko!

What is your source? And how is the synergy with the S500's? My concern would be that the C

Thanks mate! 
biggrin.gif

Synergy is good mate, I had to get some of the bass back so I set my iPod eq to bass reducer and pretty happy so far. 
wink.gif

The treble is very defined but not too bright or shrill. I'm sure you would be happy with it.

Hopefully my next purchase will be a custom Pure Copper LOD cable.

The Silver and Copper one I got from pollychen is a bit too long for my liking, plus the highs are a bit too sparkly probably because of the Silver alloy.

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #956 of 3,421
Geko, come on, cable from pollychen adds great synergy, do not trade it for length, just listen, it's all about sound for me and i do not care if this long or not because sound this cable gives is real great, i did comparisons and so far i am very impressed.

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #957 of 3,421
Quote:
Geko, come on, cable from pollychen adds great synergy, do not trade it for length, just listen, it's all about sound for me and i do not care if this long or not because sound this cable gives is real great, i did comparisons and so far i am very impressed.

Was that with the S500?

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #958 of 3,421
what S500 is? my cable i got from pollychen is this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pailiccs-Baolong-Hifi-cable-3-5mm-MALE-to-MALE-Stereo-Audio-Cable-for-MP3-PC-/261129231755?pt=US_Personal_CD_Players&hash=item3ccc83dd8b

cables in my test included stock cables from ZO2 and BH. all i can say this Pailiccs cable blew away stock cables and sound improvement was clearly audible - more fluid sound, better refined highs and improved bass definition. i tried going back to ZO2 cable when i use it with S9 and i could not, so now even for S9 + ZO combo i use Pailiccs.

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #959 of 3,421
what S500 is? my cable i got from pollychen is this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pailiccs-Baolong-Hifi-cable-3-5mm-MALE-to-MALE-Stereo-Audio-Cable-for-MP3-PC-/261129231755?pt=US_Personal_CD_Players&hash=item3ccc83dd8b

cables in my test included stock cables from ZO2 and BH. all i can say this Pailiccs cable blew away stock cables and sound improvement was clearly audible - more fluid sound, better refined highs and improved bass definition. i tried going back to ZO2 cable when i use it with S9 and i could not, so now even for S9 + ZO combo i use Pailiccs.

JVC HA-S500 :wink:

The 2 reasons I want a pure copper cable is because it will add more body to the sound. Plus, I want it shorter than the Pailics LOD.

The one I got from pollychen will do me for now as it sounds pretty awesome.

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #960 of 3,421
Pailiccs is copper-silver alloy, actually more copper than silver. Genuine pure silver cables cost much more. What many people see as cheapo silver cables are actually copper silver plated or alloys.

i find Pailiccs giving incredible good body to the sound, really if you have one and try you will hear it immediately. if someone would have told me about that before hearing i would not believe but... i turst what my ears hear and my ears head clear boost in sound quality. this is not like adding a DAC but is pretty good nonetheless.
Pailiccs is not perhaps prettiest looking cable but does admiring job in adding rich synergy to overall sound signature.

but if you prefer custom made cable i cannot help hear because this is your choice and i can only respect it :)

btw, needing more bass or sound body has to do more with IEMs and DAPs you using. i doubt cable can alter the sound, what cables can is add sound transparency and this is exactly what the cable you mention does. bigger body means you want more bass across the range including mid tones. usually this is all about mids where people want have more bass synergy and clearer definition while lower bass normally requires quality above quantity. actually today i had all over the proof to this. i took S9 with ZO to my office instead of C3 and BH. what i immediately noted was more mellow and bass rich sound, richer mids... BUT that came at the expense of sound definition, soundstage and detailing. in the end S9+ZO sounded like an Ok auto system while coming back to C3+BH sounds like a proper high-end. my EB50 IEMs are not bassy and C3+BH combo has less bass as well BUT... the definition of space and detail is so much superb that it redefines bass and you want it more and more this way. so i would not trade PRAT for more body when body lacks shapes. PRAT - pace, rhythm, attack and timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back