C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Feb 21, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #931 of 3,421
My BH is coming tomorrow! :D

DHL tried to deliver today but I was in London so couldnt take posession of the golden package.

Looks like tomorrow is the day that I join the BH crew.

Will post a pic when I got it.

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #933 of 3,421
Listening to a little Slash-Apocalyptic Love FLACs through the BH and VC02 - ahh the detail and clarity. Just a little something for those that are still waiting...
L3000.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #934 of 3,421
All you people about to get the BH are gonna hear how your IEM's or headphones are supposed to sound.  I didn't believe the SM3 could sound much better than it already did but the BH is a little miracle worker.  Even my $40 GR04 (not the flag ship version) sound really nice through the BH.

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #935 of 3,421
My BH has been shipped. Finally! It's shipped with DHL though, so I should get it some time next week.

Congrats on the notification mate!

Mine took exactly 2 days to arrive, it was shipped on the 19th and would have arrived yesterday which was the 21st.

That's an epicly fast delivery time. :D

All you people about to get the BH are gonna hear how your IEM's or headphones are supposed to sound.  I didn't believe the SM3 could sound much better than it already did but the BH is a little miracle worker.  Even my $40 GR04 (not the flag ship version) sound really nice through the BH.

I cannot wait for this now.

My main testing is gonna be done on Yamaha EPH-100, Ortofon e-Q5 and JVC HA-S500.

Really want to see what kind of magic happens with them connected to the BH.

EDIT: It's out for delivery now! :D :D

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #936 of 3,421
Feb 22, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #937 of 3,421
Hi everyone, new member, first post.

Bit of a tale with a question attached, hope this is in the right place as it covers several areas.

It started when I took a trip to London on the train and listened to music on my Samsung S2 (I know, but this was pre Head-fi days and my new found "knowledge")

On flattening the battery after 3 hours, I decided to research playing FLAC on an ipod classic 160gb I had mothballed.

This is when I found Head-fi and the Rock box thread, this linked me to the Colorfly C3 thread, which linked me to the C&C BH thread.

Can you see where I'm going?

Any way I now have a Colorfly C3 player, a C&C BH amp, an ipod lod and a mini to mini cable from compicatx in Turkey and 2 ELE EL-D01 DAC's (for use on other gear) on the way to me. (don't think there was anything else to buy).  
L3000.gif

If I may, could I ask suggestions for headphones to use with the Colrofly C3 and the C&C BH combination please, so I can totally empty my wallet! I am new to quality gear so no real preference to the type of headphones, the cables I have ordered are silver plated copper.

Kudos to H2OFidelity (the main instigator of my lack of money) and others on this forum for their knowledge and the fact they are willing to share it.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it if need be.

Thanks in advance.
beerchug.gif

Regards Mick.

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #938 of 3,421
Hi Mick, I'm sure all of us together can help you. :smile: We need to ask you a few questions....

What kind of music do you listen too?

What kind of budget would you be looking to spend?

Also, are you after IEM's or Headphones this time round?

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #939 of 3,421
Hi H2O, thanks for the reply.

Probably not very helpful to you, but a real cross section, jazz, folk, classical, pop, indie, rock, punk etc. not much I don't listen to in spells.

Would you consider £100 - £200 enough?

I think I would prefer IEM's for portability, but open to headphones if someone has a strong opinion on them.

Regards Mick.

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #940 of 3,421
JVC HA-S500 and Yamaha EPH-100 are a must have! :wink:

Btw guys, my BH has arrived!! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #942 of 3,421
Quote:
Hi H2O, thanks for the reply.

Probably not very helpful to you, but a real cross section, jazz, folk, classical, pop, indie, rock, punk etc. not much I don't listen to in spells.

Would you consider £100 - £200 enough?

I think I would prefer IEM's for portability, but open to headphones if someone has a strong opinion on them.

Regards Mick.

since you apparently reside in UK you can try Musical Fidelity EB50 (listen in shop), i have them and they are very smooth and revealing with jazz and acoustic material and EB50 cost 149 pounds all new which should be within your price reach. EB50 are single balanced armature very nicely implemented, some even believe they are the best single BA IEMs on the market. the only issue which may put you away is fit comfort, some owners reported difficult to find a good seal with EB50. i personally had not such issue but i am in minority.

among cheaper ones but good ones you can try HiFiman RE400 (dynamic driver) and RockIt50 (hybrid - balanced + dynamic)

you can look at RE400 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/649066/review-hifiman-re-400-waterline-iems
http://hifiman.us/Products/?pid=143

many people on head-fi reported happy results with Rock-It 50 too: http://www.head-fi.org/t/600093/rockit-sounds-r-50-review-impressions-appreciation

H20 can tell you much more about Rockit50 and also T-Peos H100 as he owns both, especially H100 generated big positive response on head-fi :)

Personally I would go with balanced armature or hybrid IEMs, dynamic IEMs can be pleasing at first look but compared to good BA or Hybrid many of dynamic drivers sound not clear and congested to my ear.

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #943 of 3,421
Quote:
Geko95gek, tell us what's it like! How long Was your shipping time, btw.

Shipping time was 2 days, it was dispatched on the 19th by pollychen... and DHL tried to deliver it yesterday at midday but I wasn't in. So I re-arranged the delivery for today. 
wink.gif

Oh and this what receiving a C&C BH + Zheng Yang Silver and Copper LOD is like... 
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #945 of 3,421
Geko, nice package. I am wondering why you got more rubber bands than I in my package from HK? did you order from China? 
angry_face.gif

bloody, i want that Pink band
darthsmile.gif

have good time with your BH baby, and the weekend is so near 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back