C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jan 28, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #331 of 3,421
I am also rather surprised to see those bands stretched over an ipod.

I was under the impression they would not stretch that far.

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #332 of 3,421
I will try and get them over the BH tonight and see if i can get it to work.

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #333 of 3,421
maybe it helps to stretch them a bunch like blowing balloons(?)

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #334 of 3,421
I don't want to stretch mine in fear of them not working as feet around the amp.

The ol 'what's stretched can't be unstretched' :p

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #335 of 3,421
No problem getting the bands over my iPhone and the amp, just pulled with two fingers to get them to let loose a bit and they went right on nice and snug. Pulled them off, and not sure if they went back to the same size but they seemed to. Was able to use them again just a feet for the amp. Maybe if I would leave them on the iPhone and amp longer they stay a little more stretched and be loose as just feet. I will use them with my headstage arrow as well so I can switch between them.

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #336 of 3,421
What is the difference between the two outputs? Also, for some reason I can use my Hifiman RE-272s with this amp without using the balanced to unbalanced adapter. The amp isn't a balanced source is it?

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #337 of 3,421
Shouldnt be balanced so not sure that set of phones would react that way. From what I can tell there is different level of output from the 2 outputs. Output 1 seems to be more power while output 2 seems to be a cleaner sound, more control over the volume level and just better sound all around for me.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #338 of 3,421
Quote:
Lol i almost went with the SE215, but its really just known as a good price/performance IEM. I'm in the other "camp" that I didnt want to waste money on something i would just throw away or be unsatisfied with it. Plus, it will bring the source and amp to its potential. Found them for $150 too so its not a huge price jump like some companies that just gouge you. Anyways, great mind think alike!

Great minds indeed! Now that I recently got a raise at work I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the GR07 anyway, real eager to hear them. Next paycheck! Edit: they go for $153 now on eBay... frustrating.

Quote:
mtntwg

How difficult was it to stretch the straps around both units? I thought I read they were too small to expand around much more than the BH alone. Wonder if they switched to larger elastic bands. Thought I might go with velcro but it looks like I can use the bands just like your photos show.

Thanks for the preliminary review and photos. Glad to hear it doesn't disappoint.

Can't wait for mine to arrive. They are "in transit".

On the BH alone they are a little loose, but with the iPod it's a perfect fit, very tight but not hard to get them in place. I even have some rubber feet between the units so that adds about 3 mm.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #339 of 3,421
About to make a leather case or silicone for my BH if I got spare time soon. Just want something more secure so I can have it together with my mobile without being afraid of it scratching the note 2. Was thinking of a sleeve for it.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #340 of 3,421
Quick update, after listening last night after another 5 hours of burn in, it has settled down on the top end. Still can`t flick any switch but it has improved to the point of little sibilance.
Very interested to hear if there is more improvement to come. Quietly impressed.

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #341 of 3,421
Quote:
Quick update, after listening last night after another 5 hours of burn in, it has settled down on the top end. Still can`t flick any switch but it has improved to the point of little sibilance.
Very interested to hear if there is more improvement to come. Quietly impressed.

Have you considered getting a pure copper LOD? It will give you a smoother treble and should reduce the sibilance. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #342 of 3,421
Used the Fii0 L3 since I received this amp (which I believe is just ohfc Cu).  As I mentioned things are sounding better (smoother) and would be great to get to the point of sticking that LF switch on to boost the lower range without affecting the highs.

What is definitely true is that burn in has calmed that top edge. Did`t realise that amps could alter with time but appear to.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #344 of 3,421
Plugged in the pc speakers (Audio Pro Addon Two) to the iPod/BH for fun. Let's just say it's gonna be hard to go back to the D-Zeros DAC... Never any hiss or spark from highs, not even on metal/weird noise music and lower bitrate mp3's. Bass goes really low and still not crackling with the LF switch on. And now with two options for the volume they can play louder than from the computer, still not crackling.

Weird little machine.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #345 of 3,421
Ugh.

This is frustrating. My BH is still stuck in customs since the 23rd. Is it fair for me to call to see what the hold up is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back