C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jan 18, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #211 of 3,421
Once it was delivered at china post, it took 3 days to it was in Norway from china. Now it seems the package is in the declaring appartment in Oslo. And they are always slow, probably take a a week or two :p I used the norwegian post tracking instead of ebay, since then I can see the details about the shipping more exactly.

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #212 of 3,421
Quote:
OMG, its a BIG, BIG step up from the JDSLabs C421. And the battery last 8x more. Well worth the 175€.

EDIT: Oh, the E11 is sooo muddy!!! Never realized that after listening to the C&C BH. Best amp I've owned so far, outperforming the $180 C421 by quite a large margin.

is this with an ipod or computer, what was your source and with what hp?

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #215 of 3,421
BH has some of the nicest bass detailing I have heard across all my sources, it takes the low end adding to it great texture and clarity, the entire amp has it's own flavour which is smooth, clear and exceptionally detailed right across the frequency range. You can use it for rocking out to EDM and blow your ear drums out or lower volumes embracing the added technical ability such as centre depth, imaging, speed. BH has it's own essence or flavour it adds to the music which is really addictive.

The amp out performs my Hifiman HM-601 and Colorfly CK4 - C3's headphone outs, increase in resolution, detail and clarity is rather high, that should give you an idea of what to expect. I could hype the thread and say a lot more, but that's not what I'm here for. I'm here to let members do the talking, come to their own conclusions. However, this thread wasn't just created because I had something new, it was created because this amp outperforms it's price tag by quite a margin and leaves some other similar priced amps to shame.

Just hang in there guy's you'll surely be rewarded.

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #216 of 3,421
One of my sources is a Samsung galaxy s2 (Yamaha audio chip), another is my rockboxed clip zip, and another is my laptop + ELE DAC. Given those sources, would the BH aid in increasing the SQ?

I should mention that my headphones are jvc s500's and Uptowns (and xba3's and cheapo tdk mt300's).

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #217 of 3,421
One of my sources is a Samsung galaxy s2 (Yamaha audio chip), another is my rockboxed clip zip, and another is my laptop + ELE DAC. Given those sources, would the BH aid in increasing the SQ?

I should mention that my headphones are jvc s500's and Uptowns (and xba3's and cheapo tdk mt300's).

I've had good results amping Sansa Fuze, / Clip+ from headphone out and Colorfly C3, I imagine using ELE DAC would be interesting, there's a sure increase, especially if you use the sound field or low field switch. What the amp does is give you more body and weight, smooths out any grain that might be present at higher volumes giving a more refined quality to your music.

With something like the Clip+ which I was just testing you can go much louder without peaks in the upper mid range. And again the bass, mid, treble detail also black space behind your music needs a constant mention. Certainly worth it imo, it can be a fun amp using the features or a very balanced one without them.

Mine ran for 8 days (about 5 hours a day) yet still hadn't gone flat before I charged it yesterday. I'm trying to narrow out any possible issue of sound quality drop after X amount of hours but still cannot detect any differences.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #218 of 3,421
Quote:
BH has some of the nicest bass detailing I have heard across all my sources, it takes the low end adding it with great texture and clarity, the entire amp has it's own flavour which is smooth, clear and highly detailed right across the frequency range. You can use it for rocking out to EDM and blow your ear drums out or lower volumes embracing the added technical ability such as centre depth, imaging, speed. BH has it's own essence or flavour it adds to the music on top which is really addictive.

The amp out performs my Hifiman HM-601 and Colorfly CK4 - C3's headphone outs, increase in resolution, detail and clarity is rather high, that should give you an idea of what to expect. I could hype the thread and say a lot more, but that's not what I'm here for. I'm here to let members do the talking, come to their own conclusions. However, this thread wasn't just created because I had something new, it was created because this amp outperforms it's price tag by quite a margin and leaves some other similar priced amps to shame.

Just hang in there guy's you'll surely be rewarded.

Have you heard the E12? Do you have any plans on hearing it? I'm gonna pick on up eventually for my own comparison (subjective) sake but I'm interested in knowing how it pairs by someone who's heard a multitue of amps.

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #219 of 3,421
Have you heard the E12? Do you have any plans on hearing it? I'm gonna pick on up eventually for my own comparison (subjective) sake but I'm interested in knowing how it pairs by someone who's heard a multitue of amps.

I was considering E12, I could of made that first test run FiiO offered, but the size and power output just seems total overkill for low impedance IEM's, I wouldn't use it. The 12 hours battery life really doesn't interest me, BH has a max output of 300mW + 300mW that's plenty enough for my applications, plus reading C&C was recommended over iBasso models and all the features really perked my interest. So I don't think so, with no offence to FiiO their products are focused at entry level to low mid tier, and they do that task well, however when someone craves the next step up without busting $200+ where were they to go?. C&C BH can fill that gap plus some more. I needed something a step above my previous experience with FiiO E11 and from what we're reading BH accomplishes this task.

But I'll be more than happy for you to test E12 out. :wink:

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #220 of 3,421
Anybody that is waiting she any progress on the shipment tracking yet? I sent the eBay seller a message and he said not worry but he would check with the courier so no real update yet.

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #221 of 3,421
For buyers who bought through pollychen0306 on ebay, I was able to track my item using this site."

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.track-trace.com%2Fpost&ei=IiX6UPOJOcOhlQWeg4DwCA&usg=AFQjCNFJR0cpc1UKBpKcLpNyR0_UDXZZ6g&sig2=dTdzN_S33pVddnjOz_ffGg&bvm=bv.41248874,d.dGI

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #222 of 3,421
I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these sweet amps, but I still haven't found anyone in this thread that has tested full sized headphones with it. Does anyone have any impressions with headphones such as the HD650's or LCD-2s? Only thing that is keeping me from buying one of these is I want the option to be able to use this amp with those headphones as I travel a lot.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #223 of 3,421
For buyers who bought through pollychen0306 on ebay, I was able to track my item using this site."

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.track-trace.com%2Fpost&ei=IiX6UPOJOcOhlQWeg4DwCA&usg=AFQjCNFJR0cpc1UKBpKcLpNyR0_UDXZZ6g&sig2=dTdzN_S33pVddnjOz_ffGg&bvm=bv.41248874,d.dGI

Bring me to the china ems site and then reenter my tracking number and says no data found still.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #224 of 3,421
I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these sweet amps, but I still haven't found anyone in this thread that has tested full sized headphones with it. Does anyone have any impressions with headphones such as the HD650's or LCD-2s? Only thing that is keeping me from buying one of these is I want the option to be able to use this amp with those headphones as I travel a lot.

I only use IEM's sorry, but if you contact this member, I think he was using full size headphone and can possibly give you an idea.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/4241/wje

Bring me to the china ems site and then reenter my tracking number and says no data found still.

What happens if you try your local country's tracking system? for example I used Australia post tracking and could trace mine there also.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #225 of 3,421
Says delivery status not available when I select my country

Users who are viewing this thread

Back