C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Aug 18, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #3,286 of 3,421
anyone find a link to the latest impressions and  capacitor mod thread for the X02? I keep drawing blanks unless it's my recent flash update , it's somewhere on erji.

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #3,287 of 3,421
I'd really like to know how the x02 compares to the jds c5, uha 6smkii, and the new cayin c5 as well. Wish I could by them all a and find out

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #3,289 of 3,421
I'll be selling my BH soon coz I've got the X3 now and don't use the amp anymore. Very sad story.

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #3,290 of 3,421
Hi
Looking for a amp to use while I game on my PS4, cans are AKG 712, stunning sound and want a portable boost without spending silly money.

The 712 has for me perfect bass and I dont want to tame it any, so a neutral to slightly warm would be great....and no hissss, past Fillo stuff carried this.

Would you say this amp would fit the bill?

Thanks

Sep 5, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #3,291 of 3,421
Hi
Looking for a amp to use while I game on my PS4, cans are AKG 712, stunning sound and want a portable boost without spending silly money.

The 712 has for me perfect bass and I dont want to tame it any, so a neutral to slightly warm would be great....and no hissss, past Fillo stuff carried this.

Would you say this amp would fit the bill?

Thanks

Yes it does, though you could also consider Topping NX1 which is much cheaper ($40). It basically looks the same and sounds cleaner than C&C BH.

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #3,294 of 3,421
lol this was one of the lines on a Amazon sale, specs part had this (1000mAh large-capacity lithium polymer battery makes the battery life can reach max 4 hours)

So the NX1 is cleaner and last about the same? no cheap hiss? and be fine for AKG 712...its my main thing to drive them, just something to use with PS4.

Thanks

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #3,295 of 3,421
  lol this was one of the lines on a Amazon sale, specs part had this (1000mAh large-capacity lithium polymer battery makes the battery life can reach max 4 hours)

So the NX1 is cleaner and last about the same? no cheap hiss? and be fine for AKG 712...its my main thing to drive them, just something to use with PS4.

Thanks

My NX1 is on snail mail to me and can't commend on the sound and hissing issue. But, I have faith with H2O impression of it. I do not hear any hissing  with my SE535 thru the BH2 though but who knows if my ears are failing me. So, ymmv.

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #3,296 of 3,421
lol this was one of the lines on a Amazon sale, specs part had this ([COLOR=333333]1000mAh large-capacity lithium polymer battery makes the battery life can reach max 4 hours)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]So the NX1 is cleaner and last about the same? no cheap hiss? and be fine for AKG 712...its my main thing to drive them, just something to use with PS4.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Thanks[/COLOR]

Yes, it's an error or misunderstanding. It should say battery can reach 'max charge' in 4 hours. Whether it's better than BH is personal preference, though I think for those who prefer a cleaner less coloured sound NX1 is the 'better choice'

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #3,298 of 3,421
Yes, it's an error or misunderstanding. It should say battery can reach 'max charge' in 4 hours. Whether it's better than BH is personal preference, though I think for those who prefer a cleaner less coloured sound NX1 is the 'better choice'

will get one soon..thanks mate

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #3,299 of 3,421
Well I got the NX1, nice bit of kit (for price) and it kind of sorts my problem out.

Needed extra power to run the AKG 712 from my PS4 controller, and on high gain it does a great job, more than enough volume, this is for gaming only.

PC wise my Soundcard/dac pumps out all that I need really, I tried adding this to the line and find the volume is there (not really needed though) but it just takes the edge off the quality, not by a great deal, but enough to tell, seeing as I dont need the volume, its no issue to me, this was more about finding something to help on the PS4 side of things.

So PS4=great
On the move=great
Hooked up to your main sound station=down to what you got, if you have a good dac+amp then no point with this, maybe for volume nuts people or for those people who have amps that are lacking the ability to drive some cans.

Thanks for the heads up again

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #3,300 of 3,421
Hi guys I bought my amp from eBay but I can't seem to remember the eBay id of the seller.. I need to get my amp sent back for warranty purposes.. The volume knob keeps cutting the sound out..anyone else experienced the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back