C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Feb 27, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #3,121 of 3,421
Well maybe you need experiment more, to me it sounds like you have the bass turned up on the X3 and the LF on the BH2 as well. To much bass equals a muddy, less clear music. I know you are not implying that it sounds like shiit, but sometimes you have to choose your words clearly. And elaborate as to why it sounds the way it does.

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #3,123 of 3,421
X3's EQ only affects headphone-out, not line-out.

Feb 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #3,126 of 3,421
I do not recall if it did or not as I sold my X3, I know my DX50 the EQ works either way LO or HO!

Yes, EQ affects DX50 LO and HO because of how it is implemented. A true LO shouldn't behave like that actually.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #3,127 of 3,421
Well i own a pair of momentums and there are definetley sounds that are say less upfront now than before, im having trouble hearng the really small details at the same time i guess it brings out other sounds more
I guess I could maybe say the bh recesses the midrange ever so slightly but really hardly noticeable at all, maybe your interconnect is cheapo or something. Could also be that you have low quality music files because the bh is good at micro detail especially is you enable the sf switch

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #3,128 of 3,421
I guess I could maybe say the bh recesses the midrange ever so slightly but really hardly noticeable at all, maybe your interconnect is cheapo or something. Could also be that you have low quality music files because the bh is good at micro detail especially is you enable the sf switch

I use the interconnect cable that came with the BH does the choice of cable really matter much in this case? Is it worth spending some on a good cable or will the changes not be noticeable? I use FLAC files btw

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #3,129 of 3,421
In the topic of good synergy, the BH and Mikros 90 play extraordinarily well together. 

If you are looking for an on ears portable headphone that sound amazing and which would cost you about $80 ($300 msrp), then you should look into the 90's. Seriously.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #3,130 of 3,421
I use the interconnect cable that came with the BH does the choice of cable really matter much in this case? Is it worth spending some on a good cable or will the changes not be noticeable? I use FLAC files btw
Well a better interconnect will definetly give a cleaner less interrupted signal. Is it worth it? I think it depends on your expectations, it's not going to sounds worlds different but it should be noticeable with flac files and decent cans/iem's

Here's what I got on my fiio x3/arrow 4g (it sounds crisp)

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #3,131 of 3,421
I think it's worth upgrading the cable from stock, although make sure the cable is convenient for your needs meaning right angle jacks, correct (or close enough) length etc for your stack.  There was an SPC cable we used to recommend, let me see if I can find it. I think the best thing to do with cables is just try one yourself for $20.00. The amount of confusion reading Head-fi posts will drive you up the wall with non believers, graph worshippers, people who simply cannot hear a difference, then on the other side of the fence you have people who swear by cable upgrades, cryo, silver/gold the list goes on. 

For me I do believe cables make a difference, I have done so and heard differences since I was in my teens messing around with speakers but they're not something I will spend over $100 on an  basic interconnect. I recently purchased a $400 pure silver IEM cable and strike me down although it did offer many benefits the sound wasn't what I was looking for. After I dropped down to a $90 SPC cable I much prefer the sound instead. Negative placebo I guess? :wink:

Here's the interconnect that used to be popular for C&C BH: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMSL-high-end-silver-audio-cable-3-5-3-5MM-headphone-Amp-for-MP3-PC-PHONE-/110938570660?pt=US_Audio_Cable_Plugs_Jacks&hash=item19d4743fa4

Mar 2, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #3,132 of 3,421

Well a better interconnect will definetly give a cleaner less interrupted signal. Is it worth it? I think it depends on your expectations, it's not going to sounds worlds different but it should be noticeable with flac files and decent cans/iem's

Here's what I got on my fiio x3/arrow 4g (it sounds crisp)

If you are interested, I did an interconnect cable comparison using the BH2 and its stock cable vs. some upgrade cables I bought:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/693970/comparing-amp-interconnect-silver-upgrades-silver-gold-basic-by-onest11

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #3,134 of 3,421
Not sure if it has been mentioned but shenzhenaudio.com has the BH2 on sale for 87.98 with free shipping this week. I was going to purchase the C5 or UHA-6S so I would not need to upgrade later, but it's impossible for me not to give the BH2 a try for this price. I just hope I'm not disappointed as I was with the E12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back