C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Feb 12, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #3,106 of 3,421
I usually use the LF, but dont really like the SF. I agree with ClieOS that the SF would be nice if there were less of it. It adds too much 'air' to the music, making it unnatural sounding IMO, but it could be good if there were less of it. I like the LF switch on 75% of my music. on some tracks, it adds too much bass, but in my experience its generally on poorly mastered tracks, or generas that shouldn't have a bass boost like classical.

I Love the punch that the LF gives to kick drums, drums, and the super low end, like sub 30hz. The Sub bass is really helped by the LF. I tried matching the EQ on my DX50 to the LF gain settings, but it still lacks a certain 'punch' in the bass, and the highs still aren't quite the same. This is probably because the DX only has a 5 band EQ. Also, people have posted graphs of the DX output with the EQ, and the roll off is more concentrated around the EQ band. The LF seems to have a very smooth smiley face from bass to treble. The DX EQ looks more like mountains with peaks at each band

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #3,107 of 3,421
ClieOS, Can you please compare Smsl sAp4-s to C&C BH amp? Which one do you think is more suitable for pairing with C3+RE0? Thanks.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #3,108 of 3,421
  ClieOS, Can you please compare Smsl sAp4-s to C&C BH amp? Which one do you think is more suitable for pairing with C3+RE0? Thanks.

Nothing particularly special about the sound of sAp-4s. While I do often criticize BH for being a bit underpower, I do find it still noticeably better than sAp-4s.

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #3,109 of 3,421
I usually use the LF, but dont really like the SF. I agree with ClieOS that the SF would be nice if there were less of it. It adds too much 'air' to the music, making it unnatural sounding IMO, but it could be good if there were less of it. I like the LF switch on 75% of my music. on some tracks, it adds too much bass, but in my experience its generally on poorly mastered tracks, or generas that shouldn't have a bass boost like classical.

I Love the punch that the LF gives to kick drums, drums, and the super low end, like sub 30hz. The Sub bass is really helped by the LF. I tried matching the EQ on my DX50 to the LF gain settings, but it still lacks a certain 'punch' in the bass, and the highs still aren't quite the same. This is probably because the DX only has a 5 band EQ. Also, people have posted graphs of the DX output with the EQ, and the roll off is more concentrated around the EQ band. The LF seems to have a very smooth smiley face from bass to treble. The DX EQ looks more like mountains with peaks at each band

Interesting. I'll have to give SF=off and LF=on a chance.

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #3,111 of 3,421

Nothing particularly special about the sound of sAp-4s. While I do often criticize BH for being a bit underpower, I do find it still noticeably better than sAp-4s.

Thank you ClieOS.

ClieOS wrote his impressions here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-ican-headphone-amplifier

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #3,112 of 3,421
  Thank you ClieOS.

ClieOS wrote his impressions here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-ican-headphone-amplifier

Yeah I just read it.  Thanks.

I however already bought the iUSB and am using it with my Schiit Modi and it definitely made an improvement.  It added fuller Bass, and is not as clinical but still detailed.  I'm using Amarra>ifi iUSB>Schiit Modi>BH Crack (With Speedball and Goldpoint Attenuator)>HD600 and so far so good.  It would be nice to find a cheaper version of the Gemini cable for the iUSB to use with the iUSB into the Modi.  It was worth the investment thus far.

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #3,113 of 3,421
I am still using my BH right out the box i have not charged the battery... the battery lasts forever!! thanks guys i would not have discovered this little wonder if i didnt come to headfi....love this amp to no end 
gs1000.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #3,114 of 3,421
Does anyone have a graph of the output with no filters, and one with the LF switch on?

I love the sound that the LF switch gives and would like to try to EQ similarly when im using my Dx50 without the BH2.

I know it boosts bass and trebble (basically 'loud' on a car stero) but im specifically looking for a graphed curve with how many dB of boost at what frequencies. I've tried various smiley shaped EQ curves, but cant get quite the same sound as the LF switch.

Overall im very happy with this little puppy. a good value for the money.

Thanks

+1, BH battery = perpetuum mobile :D

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #3,116 of 3,421
I'm thinking about upgrade. I'm considering XO2, did anyone had chance to test it and AB to BH2? Is it worth the difference in price?

i would check C5 or T1 before going XO.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #3,117 of 3,421
I've owned the bh2 for about a week now and i got to tell you, if youre thinking of getting one, ******* do it, this thing is a monster. It feels kind of like a powerhouse that is very gentle on your ears still cause the soundsig is so comfortable, changed the (to me) boring sound of the fiio X3 to a much bigger, more aggressive, more bassy sound. Might have lost some clairity by doing this but not much and thats the only bad thing i can say about it. Best thing i ever bought:) got it from shenzhen audio for only 100$ or so

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #3,118 of 3,421
I've owned the bh2 for about a week now and i got to tell you, if youre thinking of getting one, ******* do it, this thing is a monster. It feels kind of like a powerhouse that is very gentle on your ears still cause the soundsig is so comfortable, changed the (to me) boring sound of the fiio X3 to a much bigger, more aggressive, more bassy sound. Might have lost some clairity by doing this but not much and thats the only bad thing i can say about it. Best thing i ever bought:) got it from shenzhen audio for only 100$ or so
I reeeeaallly doubt you lost clarity by adding the bh to the x3. I have both and let me tell you, when I plug that baby in through the line out it sounds CRISP!

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #3,120 of 3,421
Well i own a pair of momentums and there are definetley sounds that are say less upfront now than before, im having trouble hearng the really small details at the same time i guess it brings out other sounds more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back