Bye Bye HF-1s
May 3, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #46 of 69
The seller is OBVIOUSLY a liar... He says:

You'll never find another UNOPENED pair of HF-1's out there.

What a lie. I have one in my room right now. Don't buy from the dude.

P.S. Did anyone tell 1911 that this dude is using pics of his HF-1 for the sale? The dude should at least give 1911 a cut of the profits.. At least, according to the Official HF-1 Serial list, #85 belongs to 1911.

May 3, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #47 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by courierdriver

I'm guessing every once in awhile, John Grado has some wood left over from the RS1 and 2 driver-enclosures. In an effort to cut down on material-waste, he secures 225 drivers into some of the mahogony cut outs, that come from fabricating the bowls of the RS1/RS-2. Then, they are fastened into a plastic enclosure (like the ones found on the SR 60/80/125/225, given a better wire-mesh screen, and adorned with 2 engraved wood-buttons in the center of each screen. Cabling is the same standard OFC wire, used in the 225 and higher.

I'd never pay more than $275. For that price, there are other options.

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would he go through the trouble of doing that when
1) he can just sell 225's for the same price(more if you count the donation to head-fi
2) he can use those enclosures for the RS series and make more money ?

"cut down on waste" doesn't make sense. Do you think he orders that many more enclosures, than he has RS drivers?

May 4, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #50 of 69
i think a good portion of this is not being able to hear the HF-1s. Since they are rare, but affordable are original price. There are tons of people curious about it. Look at the AKG 701, tons bought it on hype/curiosty. Low and behold a few weeks later tons on the F/S forums. Being limited edition, Its hard to do that normal cycle of buy/try/sell. For those of you who are still interested in buying a pair, try to listen to them at meet. Hopefully it will bring everything back to reality and curb that grass is greener syndrome inflating prices.

A grado is grado, these arent magic. Hell if you hate grado sound, you may hate these alot. This is a grado made for grado fans. Even tho im not a grado fan, ill take a pair of stock ones for $250 for complimentary/collection purposes after hearing them. Those praising the HF-1 with godlike qualities are either A)die hard fanboys B)looking to profit by hype C)trying to make HF-1/themselves super special. If you havent heard the HF-1 take impressions on the sr225 and add your experience/knowledge of warmth and add that. I think it will prevent some of that HF-1 hyping.

now if your one of those types that HAS to have it just on name/rarity alone, i feel for you, these are probably the cheapest collector cans available ATM. If you cant fight the urge, you will be taken advantage of in the rear no doubt. Now what id really like to hear is someone buying one blind(or should i say deaf) for $400+ and hear their impressions on value/performance/expectations.

May 4, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #51 of 69
They were available. They're not available anymore.
crybaby_sign.gif

If you want them, pony up. It's only money.
If not, good for you. They're only headphones.
[size=xx-small]The RS-2 is probably better for that kind of money anyway...[/size]
If you've already got a pair, stop reading and enjoy them!

May 4, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #53 of 69
The current one on ebay is'nt showing bidders name. It's kept as private. I am confident that he's raising the bids himself with some new signed accounts and making people fool. How can you bid as much with seller who's having only 2 positive feeback's.

Check out this one also. They are not listed private and easy to judge real price spike.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Grado-HF-1-Limit...QQcmdZViewItem

May 4, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #54 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinchy
The seller is OBVIOUSLY a liar... He says:

You'll never find another UNOPENED pair of HF-1's out there.

What a lie. I have one in my room right now. Don't buy from the dude.

P.S. Did anyone tell 1911 that this dude is using pics of his HF-1 for the sale? The dude should at least give 1911 a cut of the profits.. At least, according to the Official HF-1 Serial list, #85 belongs to 1911.

Yeah, not to mention he is using some of MY pictures without my permission in his auction...

Not that I honestly care, but it is kind of shady.

May 4, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #55 of 69
Haha, some sucker is paying 600+ for an HF-1? Might as well get an RS-1 if your gonna be paying that much. At least spend the money on somethign worth 600+.

May 4, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #57 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by en480c4
If you want them, pony up. It's only money.
If not, good for you. They're only headphones.

Amen to that. Looking at it from the other side, why can't we be happy for the Head-Fi'er who can now afford a pair of RS-1s?
very_evil_smiley.gif

No, I'm not the seller.

May 4, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #58 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Yeah, not to mention he is using some of MY pictures without my permission in his auction...

Not that I honestly care, but it is kind of shady.

You can contact eBay to say he stole your pictures and they'll shut down his auction, I don't think it would be worth the hassle that eBay gives you being that he is legit, or at least I assume so, but if anyone cares to do it, it's an option
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2006 at 8:44 AM Post #59 of 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Back