Bye Bye HF-1s
May 4, 2006 at 11:14 AM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
The China scammer has joined the act with the same #462 pair! They even scammed up their feedback (like it would fool anyone, haha)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9721947537

LOL!!! Who's the villain now.
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2006 at 11:25 AM Post #62 of 69
May 4, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Perhaps, a congressional investigation is in order here. Price controls?

Yes, I agree. first steroids in baseball and now this ???
This country is going down the tubes !
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceage
This kind of gouging goes on right here on this site but nobody says anything about that. You never see "FS: HF-1 $200", it's always "IC: HF-1" or "WTT: HF-1 for 2005 Lexus." They wait for the huge offer in a PM and then they sell them privately so they still look like a "team player" or whatever.

If the market is supporting high prices for a discontinued headphone, I don't see how it could be called "gouging." If the HF-1 were still in production I would understand, but a discontinued item in high demand? That's not gouging, that's ordinary market forces at work.

Why is nobody griping like this when the HP-1000 goes for absurd prices?

May 4, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
The China scammer has joined the act with the same #462 pair! They even scammed up their feedback (like it would fool anyone, haha)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9721947537

I don't know what YOU'RE talking about, I'd gladly pay $2 for a big pile of ???.

May 4, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #67 of 69
I didn't read the whole thread, but in my mind this whole HF-1 thing is exactly the same as the old Sony discmen. Have you seen what they go for on eBay? Tell me thats not nuts? Some people collect cards, some discmen, some headphones... I really don't see the problem with selling something you own to the highest bidder. I mean, that is what eBay is all about. Selling things on head-fi is different IMO as it is a community that you are a part of... but ebay is an auction site. Ever been to an auction? Because that is exactly how they work.
wink.gif

May 6, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #68 of 69
Wow...look at the bidding history dates and times. It looks so suspect. I was looking for that term "shill" bidding but couldn't think of it when I first posted. I just can't believe a real person would have actually bid on these at that price when they are in RS-1 territory already. What I am really hoping is that the guy got too greedy and shill bidded himself a worthless auction.

oh, and...

!!!NOTE to all Threadbombers:

At this point I don't care if this thread gets closed for flaming or something related but you guys don't make sense. Why come into a thread and post about being tired of seeing HF-1 threads, or post worthless pics of a guy beating a dead horse? The way I see it, nobody is forcing you to read the thread. The title says HF1...yet you come in anyways.

A metaphor for a Threadbomber's actions:
He sits down in front of a plate of food seemingly ignoring the sign in front of it that says "this food tastes like s**t." Yet for some deranged reason he feels as if has to find out for himself. So he takes a bite. He then proclaims his conclusion...to the other people who have already deduced that very fact from the sign.

May 6, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #69 of 69
my suspicion is that the guy knew what people were willing to pay.. the final price seems to have been as a result of two collectors/wealthy headphone people purposefullly bidding against each other... as in the case of the old cd players/only this time i think it was intentional.
either that or the winner actually isn't intending to pay...ie, or megawrd is right... i guess we'll never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back