Bye Bye head-Fi
Sep 14, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #46 of 51
Was it something I said?
tongue.gif

Thanks for all the help and the WNA amp.

Steve

Sep 14, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #50 of 51
This is like announcing your death and then peeking to see who comes to your funeral
wink.gif

Be seeing you.

Setmenu

Sep 14, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by setmenu
This is like announcing your death and then peeking to see who comes to your funeral
wink.gif

You're right there setmenu, I had a look at Head-fi earlier on and was absolutely astonished by the amount of people who have said such nice things in this thread.

I honestly expected to find a few replies along the "good bye and good riddance" line but I never, for one moment, imagined anything like this would happen.

I feel totally embarrassed and stupid announcing I was leaving head-fi, I should have just stayed away for a while until I sorted my head out a bit. I was beginning to find that all of my evenings were being spent in front of the computer with a barrel load of booze, reading the posts on head-fi and posting some right old crap which I regretted the next morning.

My reason for deciding to leave head-fi for a while was based on the fact that I no longer felt my posts were "quality" or relevant and they didn't reflect the real me as I was posting under the influence 90% of the time..... honestly I would read what I had written the following day and couldn't believe it was me that had written it....... pretty frightening.

I wrongly assumed that not returning to head-fi would be the answer...... if I could spend my evenings offline doing something different then maybe I could break the pattern and abstain from the booze.... if nothing else it would stop me posting rubbish on head-fi and making myself look like a jackass.

I was just sick of waking up in the morning thinking "what the heck did I say last night?" and it was even more sickening when I realised people were reading my under the influence posts and that they obviously assumed that must be the type of way I think..... embarrassing and very upsetting to me as I don't want to come across like that, drink turns me into a jekyll and hyde creature..... I'd prefer to remain myself 24/7 but once that potion takes effect I go from Pinkfloyd to drinkfloyd.

To save further embarrassment I'm going to ask a moderator to close this thread but I have been very moved by all of the comments and realise that leaving head-fi is not the answer to my problem, I've got to fight the nightly craving for beer and not pretend that leaving head-fi to prevent me from posting drunken crap is the answer. I won't allow the demon drink to part me from such a great place and so many wonderful people, no way, it's time for me to face up to the booze head on and part company with it....... It wants me to think about nothing but alcohol and doesn't want me to have any thoughts other than alcohol..... well, the messages in this thread have given it a kick in the balls and have given me hope.

I am typing this with a glass of water in place of a glass of beer (and a few chlordiazepoxides) and will take it one day at a time. If I do have a momentary lapse then I will not post on head-fi. From now on it will be "pinkfloyd" and not "drinkfloyd" that does the typing so expect some pretty "normal" and hopefully "interesting" posts in future
wink.gif

Thank you guys, you have helped fuel my determination to eradicate this demon from my body.

All the best,

Pinkfloyd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back